• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banner Sales Volume

How many banners, on average, do you sell in one week?

• None

Votes: 14 12.0%
  • Less than 5

Votes: 72 61.5%
  • 5 to 10

Votes: 14 12.0%
  • 11 to 25

Votes: 9 7.7%
  • More than 25

Votes: 8 6.8%

• Total voters

Salmoneye

A lot less now that my city of 200,000 has banned them. They are only allowed hard mounted on the side of a building and require a $60 permit.

Techman

Locally I sell none.. The local printers are using them as printer cleaner jobs just to keep their heads from drying out.

Out of area I am selling a few.

signgal

in our area banners require a temporary permit and then you can only have them up for 30days out of the year and in some places you can't have them at all. They're getting harder to sell and we're just not the kind of people who will sell 'em and let the customer deal with the consequences. We have a construction company who hangs them on their job site and they're good for at least one a month but we're averaging 2/wk

Feb. is always a banner month for us (no pun intended). The job attached requires 24 rolls a day to be printed to meet the deadline. Started Jan 15th job is due Feb 25.

Attachments

• lego1.jpg
    lego1.jpg
    296.7 KB · Views: 100
  • lego2.jpg
    lego2.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 116

Steve C.

I don't know what we are doing wrong. The guy who sews my banners also
makes them for the shop up the street from me. While we are doing less than
5 a week they are doing 15 to 20. I'm fairly sure it's not price.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Looks like a weekend's worth of work there, Mike......... :Big Laugh

We're all over with banners. We might go a week with only two or three, then have a week where we'll do 125 or so.

Silk screened, vinyl die-cut and digitally printed really adds up after a while. I put in 11-25 a week for an average count.​

Farmboy

We do more for ourselves than anyone else right now. We have 3 hanging on the shop at all times. We change them out at least once every two weeks so they don't get stale.

BROWNDOG

down to less than 5, mostly for quick events, races, etc. lost alot to liquor companies a while back, and then the county started cracking down on them,
Just curious Fred why do you ask, is it the regulations, or are you just comparing your own numbers?
why do you think that municipalities are getting strict on banners while we are all on harder times?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
down to less than 5, mostly for quick events, races, etc. lost alot to liquor companies a while back, and then the county started cracking down on them,
Just curious Fred why do you ask, is it the regulations, or are you just comparing your own numbers?
why do you think that municipalities are getting strict on banners while we are all on harder times?

It was a suggested topic for a poll by a shy member and seemed like a good one to me. As to governing authorities cracking down ... that happened a long time ago here. Mostly because people were abusing the laxer regulations and using banners in place of permanent signs that would require permits. Falls right in with a separate thread going right now regarding vehicle graphics. End users will often look for loopholes in the law to advertise on the cheap.

I think the majority of "crack downs" is a result of government catching up with practices they don't like. I'd put it in the same category as coroplast signs in the medians.

I need to buy my banner stock from you! Are those 300' rolls?

Actually they are 368 foot rolls. Starflex in Korea made these rolls for us . This particular Job is 540 rolls and required a non PVC banner that only Starflex could produce.

Starflex is the biggest banner MFG. in the world. They pretty much private label everyones banner stock (Ultraflex,Grimco, Arlon etc etc...)

SE SignSupply

Actually they are 368 foot rolls. Starflex in Korea made these rolls for us . This particular Job is 540 rolls and required a non PVC banner that only Starflex could produce.

Starflex is the biggest banner MFG. in the world. They pretty much private label everyones banner stock (Ultraflex,Grimco, Arlon etc etc...)

I will check them out, if it's not PVC what is it? Fabric?