• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banner Stretch...

GP

Used 13 ounce Forward banner on our HP L25500. Prints look beautiful, but one side of the 54" ganged banners stretched considerably more than then the other. Is there a safe trick to get the material to return so I can put a straight hem line?

Two 24" banners side by side, kissed. One is perfect. The opposite 24" banner, the top edge (middle of media) is straight as can be for 8 feet. Bottom edge is bowed like crazy in 48".

Ack!

Sorry, I am having a bit of difficulty in understanding what you are describing in your post.

Bowing (x-axis media deformation) typically occurs toward the middle of the media, versus the respective edges, but I can't see if that relates to your situation.

Yea I don't quite understand either. If you have a 54+" printer why did you use a 24" roll of banner and hem the middle. Why didn't you just buy a bigger roll of banner and save yourself all the work of hemming the center of a small banner. And which way does the bowing go. Usually the bow on these printers is in the horizontal direction of print not the vertical. But it sounds like your having trouble lining up the vertical printed side. But there is no sure way to stretch or de-stretch a banner to match the other side.

GP

Sorry for confusion.

We printed 8 24x96" banners. We used 54" material to print the 26" wide (bleed) files side by side.

For whatever reason, the stretch is on one side. We hemmed one banner no problem - straight all four sides. The second is stretched on one side. And the other (which kissed the alternate banner along the 96" edge) is also straight as an arrow.

GP

In any event - the answer is: no, you can't straighten the banner material. Hoping there was some trick like "run it through the heat assist laminator."

I guess we will try to isolate the problem and reprint.

Is it possible to get pictures. So Your print looks like this?
If so that is a really strange bow. And if the print still looks fine I think you have some major tracking issues. And or you have some big piece of sheeting on the left side of the rollers causing it to run sideways.

Attachments

• bow.jpg
    bow.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 77