• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banner tension frame..Kind of

CanuckSigns

We installed a sign comp banner tension frame at a clients location about 5 years ago that they change out seasonally, they reuse the banners over and over again. They are having issues now with the banners apparently not tensioning properly any more, I'm pretty sure it's the technique they are using, we offered to install them for them but they didn't want to pay us, so they do it themselves.

They are asking me if it's possible to supply them with pre-streched banners on a frame that the can attach to the wall and take down easily.

My first thought is a welded aluminum frame and treat it like a big canvas gallery wrap, the banners are about 6'x12', has anyone done anything similar? or has any other ideas?

bannertime

Sure you could, but at the point it'd probably be cheaper to just buy new banners when the old one gets "stretched." You could switch the frame out to the Lind spring frame system. Then the springs should keep it taut even with a bit of stretch.