• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banner welding

702displays

I'm in the market for a banner hem welder and saw the Miller Weldmaster at the sign show a couple years ago. Just wondering if anyone has any input on these systems or if you can suggest anything better or comparable.

bannertime

There are a handful of dedicated post about the leister hemtek, the weldmaster, royal sovereign and some others. Each one including their opinions and tips for running the machines.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I'm in the market for a banner hem welder and saw the Miller Weldmaster at the sign show a couple years ago. Just wondering if anyone has any input on these systems or if you can suggest anything better or comparable.

I think they are the goto company for welders. Leister would be their main competitor I think.

Superior_Adam

Look into a sewing machine instead. We switch from a Leister heat welder to a double needle Juki and love it. We have gotten a lot more jobs from being able to sew in webbing on mesh. Also with a sewing machine you can do longer banners unless you have an extremely long table.

RPM

I agree with Superior_Adam. We are always adding webbing, gussets, pole pockets, and D-Rings to banners. I think sewing is a much better way to go. Just my opinion.

tulsagraphics

Look into a sewing machine instead. We switch from a Leister heat welder to a double needle Juki and love it. We have gotten a lot more jobs from being able to sew in webbing on mesh. Also with a sewing machine you can do longer banners unless you have an extremely long table.
Thanks for reminding me. I just now started the hunt for a new sewing machine. Gonna replace my older -- but still great -- (2) Singers and (1) Mitsubishi with a new electronic Juki (w/ servo motor, U bobbins, and auto-cut). Sewing is the only way to go IMO.

702displays

I just posted a question asking about a good double needle walking foot machine. We've never sewn before but one of our customers is requiring it on all their jobs. It looks like we're going to have to start. I saw Atlas and Juki machines and they both looked good. Any input would help.

Split76

I ordered banner welder from china few years ago and it went to garbage after few uses. Then i found (from this forum) http://www.hh66.co.uk/buynow.php
Been using it since.. Only downside from the first use was a bad headache, so you need ventilated space and good respitor mask with active carbon or what the fuck is it called in english.