Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

banner wind slits

Discussion in 'Tips & Tricks' started by Berferful, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Berferful

Berferful Member

Jul 31, 2009
    I am printing 7 banners 3'x15' and the customer wants wind slits put in. How many and what size would you suggest? If memory serves, you use a paint can to make half moon slits. is this the best way? Any advice appreciated. I've never done this before.

Tags:
  2. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    just dont do em this way :thumb:

Attached Files:

3. ChicagoGraphics

ChicagoGraphics Major Contributor

Feb 27, 2007
    World
    Use a CD or DVD if you have to make wind slits, I would have printed them on mesh and cut no holes at all!

4. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    Just do one, cause wind slits just end up becoming one big hole before long....

5. bob

bob Major Contributor

Nov 4, 2005
    earth
    If you simply must have wind slits instead of those idiotic half circles, Why not punch a series of two small [1/8"-1/4"] holes about 6-8 inches apart then connect each pair with actual slits. These should spill just as much air as those half-circle monstrosities and are relatively unnoticeable.

The punched holes are the rip stop mechanism.