• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Basic stuff unless you are a Green Horn. Yup that's me.

KoneZone

I am a fishing tackle manufacturer that's started to make signs and heat transfers with my P2C Plotter Cutter and Omega 2.6 software. I have used the plotter for about 5 years with great luck making my tackle. Recently I purchased a Stahls Auto Clam Heat transfer machine and have make some basic T-shirts. Friends with other companies have been asking about me doing signs and tee's with their logo on it. These are simple enough but are sent to me in a PDF format. I can save to PSE format but still have to recreate the logo and font with painstaking and time consuming processes using the shape feature in the software. I spent a 45 min doing the job by enlarging the area by 500% and then placed points, manipulated stretched and curved around each shape and letter. I tried the file convertor and had no luck. I find myself wondering what the smart people would do. I never worked in the sign industry and I'm forcing myself to learn.

View attachment Smelly Jelly logo with Deadly Effective tag 4.5.pdf
Apparently the Gerber 2.6 requires a PRM file. ?????

Thanks for looking.

Mike Hyneman
KoneZone.com
503-348-9442

I had two files and mistakenly thought they were the same and would present the same challenges. This other one named FishEng was sent to me as a PDF and I struggled with it.

The other Smelly Jelly went right through and cut beautifully.

The FishEng file is the one that I spent about 1.15 on and processed a bunch of tees with.

I hope you guys know that everything I learn from you is important to me.

Thank you,

Mike

Attachments

• 4-10-13 Fisheng logo DECAL BIG.pdf
    343.7 KB · Views: 131
  • 4-8-13 Fisheng logo white.pdf
    335.9 KB · Views: 152
  • 4-8-13 Fisheng logo.pdf
    336.9 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:

J Hill Designs

that pdf contains vectors - open in illustrator, export as eps 3.0, open that in omega, boom

I am a fishing tackle manufacturer that's started to make signs and heat transfers with my P2C Plotter Cutter and Omega 2.6 software. I have used the plotter for about 5 years with great luck making my tackle. Recently I purchased a Stahls Auto Clam Heat transfer machine and have make some basic T-shirts. Friends with other companies have been asking about me doing signs and tee's with their logo on it. These are simple enough but are sent to me in a PDF format. I can save to PSE format but still have to recreate the logo and font with painstaking and time consuming processes using the shape feature in the software. I spent a 45 min doing the job by enlarging the area by 500% and then placed points, manipulated stretched and curved around each shape and letter. I tried the file convertor and had no luck. I find myself wondering what the smart people would do. I never worked in the sign industry and I'm forcing myself to learn.

View attachment 94110

Thanks for looking.

Mike Hyneman
KoneZone.com
503-348-9442

Mosh

Seriously.....that is a vector, just cut it.....

I got some fishing poles so I am thinking of getting into the tackle business, what other stuff do I need to know? Can't be much to it, it is just a fishin pole....

Marlene

2.6 is an antique version of Omega and may not support the file in the pdf. a PRM file is just a file Omega makes. I've never made a PRM and I've been running Gerber software since way back before 2.6 and way after. most likely it is a non-supported version of Illy in that pdf

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member

View attachment 94110

Thanks for looking.

Mike Hyneman
KoneZone.com
503-348-9442

The best solution for your issue is to upgrade your Omega software to version 5 which will import PDF files correctly. PRM files have nothing to do with importing. They are files created by Omega when you print a job to save your GSPPlot settings.

KoneZone

Thanks.

that pdf contains vectors - open in illustrator, export as eps 3.0, open that in omega, boom

My problem is all I have to open it with is Adobe Reader.

I'm still trying to get it into Omega without having to trace around everything.

Sorry if I'm being a Pain in the butt.

Mike

KoneZone

Contemplating

The best solution for your issue is to upgrade your Omega software to version 5 which will import PDF files correctly. PRM files have nothing to do with importing. They are files created by Omega when you print a job to save your GSPPlot settings.

I'm looking to purchase a Edge FX with mated plotter. That will come with the upgraded Omega.

Mike

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The other part of your problem is that the PDF file you're working with is not prepared in the best way for you to use it and you will have to correct things that you may not even recognize as being a problem. Compare the PDF and the Omega version shown below. Note the fact that the registration mark circle is no longer round and the font is different. This is because it is composed of a single vector with a stroke applied instead of being a vector circle within a vector circle. Also note the difference in the "DEADLY EFFECTIVE" text. The font used in the PDF was never converted to outlines before it was saved. As a result, Omega searched for the font used and when it didn't find it, it substituted a different font.

Correct PDF file: PDF Acrobat.jpg

Incorrect Omega import of PDF file: Omega Import.jpg

Mosh

without having to trace around everything

Get used to this, pretty much how "sticker cutters" work.....I opened that file in under 10 seconds, it is ready to cut, opened in SignLab and Corel both without issue...guess you need some modern software.