• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Batch Levels

Custom_Grafx

I'm wondering what the best way is to apply a fixed "levels adjustment" layer, to a bunch of PDFs I have which I'd like to bring into photoshop.

Can this be done?

1) open the pdf in PS
2) apply the pre determined levels adjustment
3) save as tiff

Thanks in advance.

Custom_Grafx

Ok, found it and will post for future reference.

1) Create an action, recording all the changes you want to make to a file.
2) Select all the files to be changed in Bridge
3) Go to Tools, Photoshop, Image Processor
4) Follow the screen instructions, select save as tif etc... choose your action you save in step 1
5) Hit go! and voila, it does it to all your selected files.

One happy customer coming up :)

signswi

I'd fade the auto levels by 10% as part of the action, auto levels often goes a bit too far and blows out a few things.

Custom_Grafx

Thanks Signswi.

I ended up custom adjusting. I don't like the auto stuff either, especially when you've got soft proofing on it never gets it perfect.

signswi

I shoot a neutral grey card at the beginning of a photo session and do batched curves built off the grey card sample if I'm feeling lazy but we're getting off track ;).

Custom_Grafx

I really need to start using one of those!

These files were supplied to me by a client, they are PDFs, but look very "flat". The reason I wanted to batch them, is that they are panels that butt up to each other so they need to be done the same so they look consistent from panel to panel. Is this the right way to go about it do you think?