• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion Becoming very commonplace recently.......................................

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Notice how many flies on the wall are sticking their noses in, but never really participate on threads ?? I find it more silly then helpful. Regardless of getting a 'thumbs up' or a 'thumbs down'...... is that supposed to change my mind or start a peaceful riot ??

The people in the peanut gallery, generally have nothing to say, but think they influence others by placing those things around.

So, is PMing someone now considered cowardly and deceitful ??​

netsol

Premium Subscriber
gino,
like myself people generally know where you stand on an issue
i don't feel i need to PM unless something is personal

i will say, i go to other forums where i don't participate., mostly because i don't feel i have anything meaningful to contribute.
nothing wrong with that

Val47

Gino, are you talking about regular sign-related threads, or the lively political ones?

for the political threads... I was just thinking about this... isn't it fascinating that this is a world wide forum, yet I don't see the kids from other countries getting in heated arguments with each other about their countries politics.

Edit: ok, the awesome emoji was a bit much.

Last edited:

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Forms.. ha.
I only ever PM if i want to speak to a specific person in a positive manner. Whether it be seeking help, asking a question or helping them.

People who get Butt Hurt on the internet need to turn off their computer or disconnect their internet

Val47

Forms.. ha.
I only ever PM if i want to speak to a specific person in a positive manner. Whether it be seeking help, asking a question or helping them.

People who get Butt Hurt on the internet need to turn off their computer or disconnect their internet

I "agree" the first part. The second part I wouldn't have said, but don't disagree.
input on my rating :)

ikarasu

I get canada shamed whenever I post. :p

I spend 90% of my time just reading the threads. I can keep posting and replying to people... But it feels like beating a dead horse. If I have something new to add, I will.... But I'm not going to keep posting.and arguing my position because I've realized long ago that's futile.

There doesn't seem to be a middle ground anymore. You're either one side or the other, or you're labeled as such whether you try to be neutral or not.

So rather than fuel the flames... I'm sure most people say their two cents and move on.

• Agree
Reactions: JCP

Stacey K

I like making signs
I only PM if it's positive and personal such as sharing a file or talking about family.

I already spend too much time on here instead of working. I have little interest in getting into an argument via PMing. I'll save that for family LOL

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Maybe some of you mistook what I said the wrong way. The flies on the wall represent those who keep adding their 2¢ without ever adding one way or the other... anything worth while whether it be pertaining to the thread/conversation or related in any way, shape or form at all. People seem to think those little thingies actually mean something. They were put in by an old moderator with too much time on his/her hand and was trying to run a popularity contest. Didn't work.

As for the PMing...... don't you ever wanna discuss something with someone to get your point/points across in a better fashion ?? I didn't mean it to pick a fight or degrade someone, but something not necessarily everyone needs to see. Not a negative approach, but a seek-finding method.

Sure, I've gotten hate mail and lots more fan mail, but I thought it was a place to do more than just share files (which by the way, used to be a No-No under most circumstances). Why further discuss methods or designs behind the scenes when all the others can still benefit if they're done in the open forums ?? Private simply means for no one else's eyes, but as in this thread..... everyone took that with a completely negative meaning.

Just forget it. It was just an observation.... as I check in to see who likes and dislikes things and you can really see the pattern(s). It's the smallness of the person that I get a kick out of. Oops, I ended with a preposition. :banghead:

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I think they're too occupied with current events at the moment. Once the dust settles, people will be looking for other avenues of mental stimulation.

JB

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Do you mean all of the random conspiracy people that came out of the woodwork to post about politics but have nothing to say that is sign related? Cuz I noticed that and wondered if these people just scour the internet for these types of topics to add their nonsense.

Stacey K

I like making signs
I think I understand you mean? There's a good amount of side-tracking in some posts. Perhaps some of the side-tracking could be done via PM instead of a helpful post being hijacked.

"How do I hang this sign?" could turn into...Pancakes get flipped twice, not once - a discussion better left for a PM or it's own post.

Is that what you mean?

shoresigns

for the political threads... I was just thinking about this... isn't it fascinating that this is a world wide forum, yet I don't see the kids from other countries getting in heated arguments with each other about their countries politics.

The population of this forum is heavily American, despite it being open to anyone. Most non-American members here don't see many others from their own country. Canada has about 1/10 the population of the US, but I haven't seen nearly that many fellow Canadians here.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Gino, are you referring to the spamming of "dislikes" on comments, without offering a counter point?

C'mon, tell us what you meant, or we will speculate all day :rolleyes:

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
I think I understand you mean? There's a good amount of side-tracking in some posts. Perhaps some of the side-tracking could be done via PM instead of a helpful post being hijacked.

"How do I hang this sign?" could turn into...Pancakes get flipped twice, not once - a discussion better left for a PM or it's own post.

Is that what you mean?
I don't think so, he's often the one that helps side-track a thread and leads us all to flipping pancakes. :D

RaymondLoewy

Pretty fly for a Sign Guy
Clicking a hilarious button is much more efficient than posting "I am laughing at you" repeatedly with those who seek self validation through scum arguments.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Is it all about the buttons? I try to strictly adhere to what the buttons say, mostly as a way to say, "Hey look, Gino has a thought that I agree with". The likes are reserved for slightly funny comments, nothing surprises me anymore so omg is out, hilarious has to make me chuckle, and the other remaining 3 are aptly described.
Now the disagree button has to have something outright wrong stated, or dangerous, but generally speaking I don't use that button. I guess Gino is saying I should use the disagree even when I just disagree that, "Hey, latex is the best, solvent is for asshats", or when someone says you can send signs out without laminate?
Someone needs to change disagree from a thumbs down to a red x, and add a damned dislike button!
I think dislike is just fine but suggest a middle finger button. I think these 2 get combined right now