• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Been around the block but still Green

Hello everyone, my name is Dwayne. I been doing cut vinyl, premade body wraps, tinting, ect, for about a year now and loving it. I'm looking into getting a store front and wanting to try my hand at digital printing. I come from a back around of CNC programing/custom metal fab and also did a few years in Warehouse management.

I'm wanting a 60+ inch printer/cutter/laminator combo. I do have a budget of about 15k-20k to spend. I would rather buy new but a very nice used unit would do me just well. I have done some research and I just don't have the budget, "with getting everything else I need for the store, and misc", to buy a high dollar beauty. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to start looking for a gently used or display machine?

Thank You.
-Dwayne

ThinkRight

has anyone ever have any time in on a Summa printer/cutter?

I have a DC4sx
Just making stickers with it.
Huge learning curve but if a A/C mechanic can do it anyone can.
It works great ,but it has it's limitations.
I am still learning how to use it ,and from what I understand it will do way more than I will ever use it for.
You will like the no-maintenance aspect of a thermal.
It stays shut down for weeks and fires up and prints in about 5 minutes.

anotherdog

Why are you spending cash?
if you lease you hold onto your capital for a rainy day. If you are afraid of lease payments in your overhead you need a different plan.
plus right now there are really great low rates from manufacturers.

oh and get a laminator, you really really ...really will need one from the beginning, not just lam but mount too.

if you really need to cut back, get a 54 inch setup instead of a 64. Just outsource the jobs that are too big.