• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Berbieri Spectro LFP qb

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Barbieri have released a new product. The Spectro LFP qb. basically an LFP rt replacement.

Looks like a great all round unit as the head now is removable and able to use as a hand held measuring device where the old LFP you couldn't. This could replace my LFP and Spectro Pad as an all in 1 solution.

I suppose this isn't for most people as it won't be cheap for starters.

Spectro LFP qb - BARBIERI electronic - Intelligent Measuring Technology, when Color Quality counts

spectro-lfp-qb800x600.jpg

The Spectro LFP qb combines incredible universality and precision with a range of new features and supports the M1 measurement mode, which is now a must for many customers. It is a platform that satisfies the most stringent customer requirements – and an investment in the future that optimizes the workflow in the spirit of sustainability.

Application fields
  • Linearization and profiling of professional digital output devices on a wide variety of materials (reflective and transparent)
  • Suited for Fogra 51 and G7: Conformance to new ISO 13655-2017 "M1 part 1/ method a", M0, M2, M3 measurement condition …reflection and transmission!
  • Detachable spectral unit for spot color measurements
  • Measurement of fluorescent inks
  • Working as a team on one device

Who needs this device?
Printing labs who need
  • M1 measuring condition (f.i. Fogra 51, G7)
  • to measure manually spot colors and automatically whole charts
  • to measure any kind of substrates
  • to measure many charts
  • to measure fluorescent inks
  • different user to work on one device
  • Color management consultants
Main features
  • Real D50 illumination to guarantee conformance to new ISO 13655-2017 "M1 part 1/ method a", M0, M2, M3 measurement condition …reflection and transmission!
  • Removable measuring head (spectral unit) for measuring spot colors
  • Camera-supported sensing unit for instant automatic positioning
  • Switchable apertures (2, 6, 8 mm) for measuring different materials, surfaces, inks and resolutions
  • For transparent and reflective media
  • Also for heavy and thick materials (max. media thickness 20 mm)
  • Measurement of fluorescent inks
  • Supported by most RIP-software
  • Some examples of materials which can entirely be automatically measured: textiles, glass, backlit film, paper, vinyl, silk, fabrics, fine art paper, plexiglas, adhesives, banner, canvas, polyester, PVC, wrap film, cardboard, plastic plates, gypsum plates, wood, stone, ceramic plates.
  • Ethernet and USB connection
  • Geometry:
    …reflection 45°/0°
    …transmission d/0°
  • Includes free measurement software Barbieri Gateway for Mac and PC
  • Calibration and Certification Service recommended every 18 months
[quote/]

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
One can certainly sit back and dream... Nice bit of kit.

Got that right. Most of us dont really need it. Nor do most of us actually need the LFPrt like what i've got.
It's more for large production houses that have many printers and need to keep them all calibrated. My LFP gets used once a month. But when im calibrating, it'll take me a day or 2 or a week depending what material and what im trying to achieve. Sometimes i prefer using the spectropad as it's easier to get out and start using.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
We've just added a new printer to the collection, so I'm profiling every second day it seems. We run 20+ media types so I'm just getting them done as we need them for a job.
The Epson workflow in Onyx is dead easy, and i1Profiler is producing some of the best profiles I've ever seen with this machine.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
We've just added a new printer to the collection, so I'm profiling every second day it seems. We run 20+ media types so I'm just getting them done as we need them for a job.
The Epson workflow in Onyx is dead easy, and i1Profiler is producing some of the best profiles I've ever seen with this machine.

Sounds like a bit of fun. Are you doing all print modes or just 1 for each media.

I tend do make a profile for a media when i need to use that media if it's not done yet. I dont know if onyx has changed their ICC profiling system but it seems as i can get better output lately with onyx or might be how i've changed going through the process, But still tends to screw up my blacks and turns them green.
I haven't had to much time to tinker with outputs lately.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Barbieri have released a new product. The Spectro LFP qb. basically an LFP rt replacement.

Looks like a great all round unit as the head now is removable and able to use as a hand held measuring device where the old LFP you couldn't. This could replace my LFP and Spectro Pad as an all in 1 solution.

I suppose this isn't for most people as it won't be cheap for starters.

Spectro LFP qb - BARBIERI electronic - Intelligent Measuring Technology, when Color Quality counts

spectro-lfp-qb800x600.jpg
Item# C5A00

Description: Spectro LFP qb

MSRP: $11,800

Standard delivery includes:

- C5A10 Spectro LFP qb Spectral Unit

- C5A20 Spectro LFP qb Platform

- C5A30 Spectro LFP qb Sensing Unit

- C5H40 Standard reflection sample holder

- C5H50 Standard transmission sample holder

- C5H70 Spot Measurement Guide

- Measurement software Barbieri Gateway

Item# C5H10

MSRP: $950

Description: Electrostatic sample holder Spectro LFP qb

- Including C5H11 White backing

Item# C5H30

MSRP: $325

Description: Frame transmission sample holder for M1 measurements

Item# C5S05

MSRP: $1,340

Description: DOC Activation

Item# C5X11

MSRP: $110

Description: Carrying Case Spectro LFP qb spectral unit

Item# C5X00

MSRP: $1,325

Description: Carrying Case Spectro LFP qb

If anyone is interested in purchasing, I can save you some money off these prices.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Sounds like a bit of fun. Are you doing all print modes or just 1 for each media.

I tend do make a profile for a media when i need to use that media if it's not done yet. I dont know if onyx has changed their ICC profiling system but it seems as i can get better output lately with onyx or might be how i've changed going through the process, But still tends to screw up my blacks and turns them green.
I haven't had to much time to tinker with outputs lately.

Depends on the media... most are single mode, but a couple we like to have the option of a 6 pass and 12 pass profile.
Hmm, can't say we're getting any colour cast on the Epson (yet). It definitely does a far better black than our old Roland.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Item# C5A00

Description: Spectro LFP qb

MSRP: $11,800

Standard delivery includes:

- C5A10 Spectro LFP qb Spectral Unit

- C5A20 Spectro LFP qb Platform

- C5A30 Spectro LFP qb Sensing Unit

- C5H40 Standard reflection sample holder

- C5H50 Standard transmission sample holder

- C5H70 Spot Measurement Guide

- Measurement software Barbieri Gateway

Item# C5H10

MSRP: $950

Description: Electrostatic sample holder Spectro LFP qb

- Including C5H11 White backing

Item# C5H30

MSRP: $325

Description: Frame transmission sample holder for M1 measurements

Item# C5S05

MSRP: $1,340

Description: DOC Activation

Item# C5X11

MSRP: $110

Description: Carrying Case Spectro LFP qb spectral unit

Item# C5X00

MSRP: $1,325

Description: Carrying Case Spectro LFP qb

If anyone is interested in purchasing, I can save you some money off these prices.

That's quite a bit more expensive than the LFR rt.
Barbieri like to charge an arm and a leg for accessories though!! damn.
My LFP sample holders wern't cheap either.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
That's quite a bit more expensive than the LFR rt.
Barbieri like to charge an arm and a leg for accessories though!! damn.
My LFP sample holders wern't cheap either.

Yeah they do, but they are known for their quality so its to be expected unfortunately.

FrankW

This machine, as the "old" one too is cool for several reasons (not only the retractable measurement head). The size of the measurement aperture is changeable, so with smooth media 2mm is ok and a lot of small swatches on one sheet of paper, while rough structured media like textiles will be measured more reliable with 6mm or 8mm Aperture. In addition, both generations could measure transmissive media like Backlit too (with the light source on the table). And the qb is a network device, could be used from different computers in a network without moving the unit around (was never able to setup the spectropads wireless LAN-Network reliable). And is able to measure with M1 measurement condition.

Amazing is the camera system. If the software supports this, there is no need anymore for alignment lines, what allows more swatches on one page. And, future applications could recognize a Bar- or QR-Code to identify swatches ... no mix up and measurement chaos anymore. Thats what Barbieri announces too.

I'm very sad that my boss will not buy one immediately. So I need to continue working with the old LFP and the Spectropad.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
This machine, as the "old" one too is cool for several reasons (not only the retractable measurement head). The size of the measurement aperture is changeable, so with smooth media 2mm is ok and a lot of small swatches on one sheet of paper, while rough structured media like textiles will be measured more reliable with 6mm or 8mm Aperture. In addition, both generations could measure transmissive media like Backlit too (with the light source on the table). And the qb is a network device, could be used from different computers in a network without moving the unit around (was never able to setup the spectropads wireless LAN-Network reliable). And is able to measure with M1 measurement condition.

Amazing is the camera system. If the software supports this, there is no need anymore for alignment lines, what allows more swatches on one page. And, future applications could recognize a Bar- or QR-Code to identify swatches ... no mix up and measurement chaos anymore. Thats what Barbieri announces too.

I'm very sad that my boss will not buy one immediately. So I need to continue working with the old LFP and the Spectropad.

The fact that you have a spectropad and an LFP like i do, i dont think you "need" the LFP qb. But we all like new toys.

I wonder how the camera system works. I have issues with auto position with transmissive measurements, and when measuring glass, the auto position doesn't work. I know why it doesnt work though. because when it measures glass, it actually sees the patches darker than what it is and it cannot make out the black line.

FrankW

The fact that you have a spectropad and an LFP like i do, i dont think you "need" the LFP qb. But we all like new toys.

:)

Unfortunately we have it in the same company, but we share both devices between two offices. Currently both devices are in the other office ::banghead:

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
:)

Unfortunately we have it in the same company, but we share both devices between two offices. Currently both devices are in the other office ::banghead:
There's a reason to get the LFPqb ;)

Mine don't move from my desk.