• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best Adhesive for mounting ACM to PVC (Sintra)

ChaseO

Premium Subscriber
Hey Guys, I have glued ACM to PVC using lots of different methods and adhesives and never landed on one that truly satisfied me. I'm wanting to glue a 4'x4' sheet of ACM to 3/4" PVC and was wondering if anyone had any products that worked well for this. Most of the time it only wants to stick to one of the sheets, or it is too hard to spread out on a surface that big. After gluing the two sheets together, it would have a shape routed out, so a consistent, even bond is a must. I've tried construction adhesives and silicone, but with not great results.

Starter

I did the same process for a few jobs in the last few years. 3mm brushed ACM on 1/2" PVC then routed. 3M Scotch Weld Epoxy DP190. It has a 90 minute working time so lots of time to spread the adhesive with a piece of 1/8 styrene card. I am not sure if you can purchase larger tubes than the 50ml size. I believed I used 3 tubes on a 4x8. Signs are still up and looking great.

Johnny Best

West System has tubes you put in a chalk gun, around $20 a tube Six10 thickened Epoxy, works great.
The tube has a mixing cap you attach to top.

Maddogmike

Has anyone tried Loctite Adhesive Bond? I think the new product is called "Power grab." I haven't tried it yet but it looks like it'll Bond anything to anything! I'm going to try a tube this weekend gluing ACM to PVC. I'll do a test piece and see how it holds up.

Hey Guys, I have glued ACM to PVC using lots of different methods and adhesives and never landed on one that truly satisfied me. I'm wanting to glue a 4'x4' sheet of ACM to 3/4" PVC and was wondering if anyone had any products that worked well for this. Most of the time it only wants to stick to one of the sheets, or it is too hard to spread out on a surface that big. After gluing the two sheets together, it would have a shape routed out, so a consistent, even bond is a must. I've tried construction adhesives and silicone, but with not great results.
We have been using PL premium from the box stores... similar to liguid nail. You must scuff both surfaces, spread the PL, join the pieces with plenty of pressure to hold them together (bricks or transformers) or screws if they can be hidden. Let it sit for 48 hours or more.

ChaseO

Premium Subscriber
Just an update on this thread, we used contact cement and it seemed to do very well this time around.