• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best big squeegee style for applying laminate to prints

Best big squeegee style for applying laminate to prints

• Laminator tool

Votes: 24 63.2%
  • Cut vinyl tool

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Rivet/dent tool

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yard sign tool

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Cradle

Votes: 8 21.1%

• Total voters

Mader Design

It all depends really. If laminating I use the laminator. It has the thinner felt with a bit of a harder edge to get a nice bubble free laminate. For layering vinyl or applying transfer tape, the Yard Sign Tool works great. Yard sign tool also works great with window perfs on trucks and windows, it has the thicker felt so it doesn't tear the perf.

gnatt66

i've only had the cradle tool...but it works well for laminating, esp when it's not oracal 210..;)

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
I have not voted on this because I don't want to influence the outcome. I think the results will not be very accurate. The cradle tool is new enough that not very many people will have tried it. At this writing the score is 8 laminator to 1 cradle. There are about 3000 laminator tools being used and less than 30 cradle tools. It will be interesting though. Thanks for posting this!

J Hill Designs

Think I might get a laminator and a cradle to check out the differences...is it ok to order straight from your site or do you recommend a distro? None of the distro's listed are any that I have actually ever ordered from...

gamerxr72

I'm not sure about 210 using hand held lamination tools, but I have no problem with it running 25 yards of 54" material through our seal ultra. It's the laminate I use most at work.

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
Distributors

Think I might get a laminator and a cradle to check out the differences...is it ok to order straight from your site or do you recommend a distro? None of the distro's listed are any that I have actually ever ordered from...
There are only a few distributors that have ordered the Cradle Tools. Laminatorwarehouse.com, R&J Sign Supply and Atech(UK). You can order direct form me. The link is in my signature.

bradw1

cradle tool.

is the cradle tool easier to laminate with than the reg big squeegee? looks like it could be for the fact thatyou donthave to hold the elevation up for the right pressure. would like to some insight on this before i order one. i have 2 of the big squeegees now(24 and 38) and love them but sometimes have difficulty of the long runs with the 38 inch bs. look foward to some moroe info. thanks brad