• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best choice for vinyl and laminate

ForerunnerJesse

I am printing on a HP Latex 360, using a Royal Soverign Laminator with heat assist.

I have a client with a 53' (box) semi-trailer with rivets. What is the most cost effective/labor effective materials to use. I would default to using Avery MPI 1105 EZRS with DOL 1060 Overlam, but I am thinking there must be something a little less expensive that I can use. IJ40c possibly?

Modern Ink Signs

Premium Subscriber
Price it with good cast material and then with another materials. Explain to your client what the cost difference is based on and what to expect from each. Let them make the ultimate decision.

I personally would use a cast air-release vinyl and cast lamination. Possibly transfer tape as well. That all depends on your install environment

jsalda

Stick with the Avery (or other cast), if you use a calendared film on rivets, like the 40c, it's going to pop up.

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
Stick with the Avery (or other cast), if you use a calendared film on rivets, like the 40c, it's going to pop up.
Direct quote from 3M's Product Bulletin on this material:
Working with Rivets
• This film will tent when applied over rivets.
• If the rivets are closely spaced, the film will bridge between rivets.
• Tented or bridged film may fail prematurely.
• For the best appearance and durability, 3M recommends cutting around the rivet, removing the circle of film, and then re-squeegeeing around
the rivet

As a number of others have already suggested- use the right material for the job (be it 3M, Avery, Oracal, whoever).

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
I am printing on a HP Latex 360, using a Royal Soverign Laminator with heat assist.

I have a client with a 53' (box) semi-trailer with rivets. What is the most cost effective/labor effective materials to use. I would default to using Avery MPI 1105 EZRS with DOL 1060 Overlam, but I am thinking there must be something a little less expensive that I can use. IJ40c possibly?

If the $300 you'll save between Avery Cast Wrap Kit and a Calendered Kit is whats bothering you might I make a suggestion. Add $300 to the quote. BAM!

Logoadv

Check out the new Arlon SLX. $850 for a full kit. Installs like a dream. No idea on the long term durability since it is new, but we just wrapped a landscape box truck with it and it printed great and installed easy.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Use the right material and charge the right price. If it's too high for the customer, then you're not the right person for the job. I don't scrimp on quality to save the customer a few bucks.
That being said, 3M 180C v3 and 8518 is what I use. For ANY vehicle wrap/graphic/partial wrap/ covering/etc.

Christian @ 2CT Media

For 53' Trailers we move our clients over to banner systems, since in the long run they are significantly cheaper.

For Wraps 1105 is about the cheapest combo you can get that is a premium product that will last.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
For 53' Trailers we move our clients over to banner systems, since in the long run they are significantly cheaper.

For Wraps 1105 is about the cheapest combo you can get that is a premium product that will last.

That's the way to do the trailers for sure! Do you do your own frame system or do you use the Ackland one?