• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best chrome for a trailer with rivets.

Clem’s

Suggestions for Chrome to be installed on the side of a trailer with rivets? I will be installing Oracal 951 under all the chrome to protect the paint. Any other suggestions or lessons learned for chrome would be much appreciated.

AKwrapguy

Suggestions for Chrome to be installed on the side of a trailer with rivets? I will be installing Oracal 951 under all the chrome to protect the paint. Any other suggestions or lessons learned for chrome would be much appreciated.

Depending on how much coverage but most chrome won't go over rivet as it's not comfortable. You will need to get a chrome made for vehicle wraps which is not cheap. I think Avery sells one.

2B

Is there going to be other graphics on the trailer?
Last I checked Chrome has a MUCH lower life expectancy outdoors than other vinyl.
It is also much harder to work with, Justin Pate is VERY helpful

Clem’s

Is there going to be other graphics on the trailer?
Last I checked Chrome has a MUCH lower life expectancy outdoors than other vinyl.
It is also much harder to work with, Justin Pate is VERY helpful

Yeah there’s going to be other graphics as well. We are removing old chrome and black and replacing it with chrome and grey. I have explained to the owner about it only having a 2 year life expectancy and have made it very clear that we do not warranty the chrome. It’s what he want though. It will look really good with the real chrome that’s already on the trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk