• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best drill bit for coroplast

jagsouthern

We make a lot of real estate signs. We have commonly used a regular wood bit for drilling holes but, as you know, it leaves rough edges. What bit gives a clean, sharp-edge to the hole? It will be used in our drill press.

Travb1999

Have you considered using a punch over a drill press?
I've also used groments in the corners before to reinforce those attachment points.

Last edited:

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
If you simply musty drill then get a Forstner bit at any Home Depot or wherever. The commonly come from 1/4" up.

Oroscoe

Single spindle Paper drill. It is what we use and is Awesome. Very neat and clean and allows for multiple sings to be punched at once.

2B

also agree on the grommet usage or using a press to put holes into them,
granted a press will crush the flutes in that area, but will not melt it so you can open the flutes back up

JJGraphics

I can put clean 3/8" holes in up to 7 sheets thick of coro in one shot with my paper drill. Paper drills have hollow bits that are designed for drilling holes in paper (think 3 hole punch but on an industrial scale)

The drill bit fills up with paper as you keep drilling and eventually comes out of a hole at the top of the hollow bit and into a catch tray behind the machine.

Google "Challenge Paper Drill" and lots of results will come up quickly.

Grizzly

It’s all about your print!
Is this thicker than 6mm coro? We don't pre-drill for this thickness and less. Both hand punches and the automatic puncher go right through it. We do for 10mm coro though and the grommet covers all the burs anyway.