• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

best for vehicle graphics

wisconsinpat

I have a roland 30" sp300 printer and am trying to print large vehicle signs for a work van. I used roland vinyl esm pgez but got horrible results trying to apply I got bubbles and wrinkles even cut the length in half and used a torch didn't help too much. used lots of windex on vehicle and back of vinyl but results not too good.

I'll attach pict of multi sheet sirgns on vehicle.

What is a good vinyl to use that I wont have to fight stretching bubbles wrinkles tearing ect. See picture of hack job.

Attachments

• 7001093079_bf9b962b0c_z.jpg
    7001093079_bf9b962b0c_z.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 122
Last edited by a moderator:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
First of all........... Windex is about the biggest NO/NO you can do when it comes to vinyl lettering.

As for the bubbles and problems, I would imagine based on your basic knowledge, it's gonna be a matter of practice.... practice.... and more practice. There's no magic wand or vinyl. You might wanna try watching a few Utubes and getting information there. Unless you tell us more about your procedure besides using Windex.... we're all gonna be at a loss and not know where to start.

Have any pictures of your end results ??

What is the picture of a hack job got to do with your predicament ??

Letterbox Mike

I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume the vinyl you used is an air-egress vinyl (air channels in the adhesive). If so, don't lay that wet, it's not going to work. It's meant to lay dry.

And yeah, what Gino said, do not use Windex as an application fluid, even on the right kinds of vinyl.

HulkSmash

oh my...

I wouldn't suggest using form of liquid for vehicle vinyl installation... but
if you feel like it's needed.. instead of Windex try some water in a spray bottle, and 1 cap full of baby shampoo.

tsgstl

WOW
did you laminate? If not ut ohhh
You can do it unlaminated but its not going to last and it will be next to impossible to apply. If its not laminated mask it first it will not let it stretch, but I wouldn't suggest it.

And if you are having so many issues why not just print what needs to be printed? Do the rest with cut vinyl. It is a partial and (no offense) but your skill level is obviously not there yet for bigger pieces.

BTW trimming the white like that around everything isn't fooling anyone, it looks terrible.

For a 30" roll like that start at one side and roll it up around a cardboard tube. Have someone hold it taught and remove the backing as you go using a heat source to remove the wrinkles as you go.

ChicagoGraphics

If I were you I wouldn't charge your customer for that van lettering, everything is crooked.

My guess you used just regular vinyl and even then you shouldn't have any bubbles or wrinkles. Like Gino said lots of practice, and never ever use windex.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
...On the Flickr page...the third picture down...the dude in the center with the red shirt...is he going tee tee in the water...?

In all seriousness though (and totally off-topic), you've got some cool pictures on there. Tombstone, AZ and some of those other places are pretty cool. That's one of my favorite states I think.

Last edited: