• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best laminate for UV inks?

Brian27

We're looking for a new laminate to put over ridged substrates printed on an Oce UV Flatbed. We've been using a mactac polycarbonate because it has an extremely strong adhesion but it's just getting too expensive. Something like $800/roll.

Can anyone recommend a clear laminate that resists abrasion and has good adhesion to UV inks?

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
What is the primary purpose of the laminate? Simply to provide UV or as an anti-graffiti shield coating??? We use Briteline UV lam all the time on our agfa. but our UV inks run thin in comparison to others. Our AGL Laminator runs at 120° or thereabouts and we get little to no silvering and such.

Norman Clifton

We're looking for a new laminate to put over ridged substrates printed on an Oce UV Flatbed. We've been using a mactac polycarbonate because it has an extremely strong adhesion but it's just getting too expensive. Something like $800/roll.

Can anyone recommend a clear laminate that resists abrasion and has good adhesion to UV inks?

We have good luck with Rite-Media Gloss Laminate RM-STL3-54-CG its low cost
https://www.allgraphicsuppliesusa.c...onal-gloss-laminate-54in-x150ft-rm-stl3-54-cg
we print on UCJV300

Brian27

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll look into these ones so far.

What is the primary purpose of the laminate? Simply to provide UV or as an anti-graffiti shield coating??? We use Briteline UV lam all the time on our agfa. but our UV inks run thin in comparison to others. Our AGL Laminator runs at 120° or thereabouts and we get little to no silvering and such.

We use it to protect logos for displays against water/moisture and people using cleaning products to wipe them down. Indoor only. Once we apply it to the print, which is on acrylic, we cut the print to size on a miter saw. So, the adhesion has to be awesome or else it will tear up at the edges.
99% of the time they're printed with a black background so it's extra tricky getting them perfect with no debris or imperfections.