Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Material for this

Discussion in 'Materials' started by SAR.Summerlin, Nov 21, 2012.

1. SAR.Summerlin

SAR.Summerlin Member

Jul 11, 2012
    We have a sign that has a Panaflex type face that is is pretty bad shape and of course the property management is too cheap to replace it. Anyway our customer is one of the tenants and he needs his name redone (his is the white one pealing off) my question is what is the best material to apply to this surface. I was going to use Oracal Black either 651 or 751 is there something else I should use?
    Also how would you recomend cleaning the surface just soap and water or should we try a degreaser.

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    thats flex face?

3. FS-Keith

FS-Keith Active Member

Dec 4, 2010
    pennsylvania
    yup, look at the vinyl dividers pealing right off. i would clean with alcohol and apply cast vinyl. Nice truck btw

4. SAR.Summerlin

SAR.Summerlin Member

Jul 11, 2012
    That is what the guy who did the site survey tells me. I am new to signs and not yet familiar with all the materials so I have to go with what others tell me.

5. Moze

Moze Very Active Member

Feb 27, 2012
    Dallas, TX
    From the looks it's a flex face with vinyl dividers.

...might be worth trying to score a repair on the show-through copy while you're out there.

Attached Files:

6. idsignsil

idsignsil Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Springfield, IL
    I would clean the old off. Rapid Remover all of the adhesive off. Clean again with Zep or alcohol. Put a white panel down and then put your black lettering on top (Use 751). It will look much better than the rest of them. The other tenants will want to look just as good, and you might get some more work out of it.

7. SAR.Summerlin

SAR.Summerlin Member

Jul 11, 2012
    :thumb:
    Unfortunately we can't lay the white as the customer wants it to light at night still. Which is a waste since half the bulbs are out but. The last sign guy did that for him and you can see it pealing off after just 1 year. Customer was not happy that it didn't light up even less happy that it only lasted a year.

Yeah I am going to tell our sales guy to hit up the other tenants to refresh their look too.

8. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    cover with white trans then...it will still look better than ugly yellow, and will light (as much as the lamps will allow)

9. SAR.Summerlin

SAR.Summerlin Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Hadn't thought of that I just happen to have some on hand too. :U Rock:

10. Salmoneye

Salmoneye Very Active Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Who puts flex face in a sign like that. Ugh.