• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best Material for this

SAR.Summerlin

We have a sign that has a Panaflex type face that is is pretty bad shape and of course the property management is too cheap to replace it. Anyway our customer is one of the tenants and he needs his name redone (his is the white one pealing off) my question is what is the best material to apply to this surface. I was going to use Oracal Black either 651 or 751 is there something else I should use?
Also how would you recomend cleaning the surface just soap and water or should we try a degreaser.

Attachments

• Capriottis_Chyenne_Monument_Crop.jpg
    Capriottis_Chyenne_Monument_Crop.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 80
  • Capriottis_Chyenne_Monument_Side_2_13inx763in.JPG
    Capriottis_Chyenne_Monument_Side_2_13inx763in.JPG
    120.6 KB · Views: 57

FS-Keith

yup, look at the vinyl dividers pealing right off. i would clean with alcohol and apply cast vinyl. Nice truck btw

idsignsil

I would clean the old off. Rapid Remover all of the adhesive off. Clean again with Zep or alcohol. Put a white panel down and then put your black lettering on top (Use 751). It will look much better than the rest of them. The other tenants will want to look just as good, and you might get some more work out of it.

SAR.Summerlin

I would clean the old off. Rapid Remover all of the adhesive off. Clean again with Zep or alcohol. Put a white panel down and then put your black lettering on top (Use 751). It will look much better than the rest of them. The other tenants will want to look just as good, and you might get some more work out of it.

:thumb:
Unfortunately we can't lay the white as the customer wants it to light at night still. Which is a waste since half the bulbs are out but. The last sign guy did that for him and you can see it pealing off after just 1 year. Customer was not happy that it didn't light up even less happy that it only lasted a year.

Yeah I am going to tell our sales guy to hit up the other tenants to refresh their look too.