• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

best material lay out?

petepaz

i am doing this 24ft trailer as per the pic and i am trying to figure the best way to cut the vinyl for install while keeping the most efficient use of the vinyl (3m 180c)
the pic show the lay out with 30" material (i am waiting for pricing on larger roll so i can do it with less strips)
is it better to just cut it how it lays out of to do the individual stripes as
best i can so there are less seams? (that way will use more material but i want the least risk of failure)

Attachments

• trailer proof.jpg
    trailer proof.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 87

ova

What size machine do you have?

Might want to try doing verticle panels and use the seams in the trailer as your panel seams. Overlap the panels about 1/2" then cut at the trailer seams and remove the 1/2" strip. You're going to cut the vinyl at the trailer seams anyhow.

Dave

petepaz

thanks for the input. and as far as cutting the seams, i have noticed in the past when not cut you have a high risk of failure. you do get a little shrinkage but you don't get tunnelling. then the dirt gets in there and over time it gets worse.

HulkSmash

thanks for the input. and as far as cutting the seams, i have noticed in the past when not cut you have a high risk of failure. you do get a little shrinkage but you don't get tunnelling. then the dirt gets in there and over time it gets worse.

Never noticed that. If you press them down like you do all edges, and you face the seams the right way, you shouldn't have an issue.