• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Best place to list a printer for sale?

Jim Hill

I have an SP-300V that I would like to sell, and I was wondering the best place to advertise it.
I don't want to use E-Bay for sure.

Thanks for your help Jim

rossmosh

Craigslist, eBay, Facebook Marketplace, internet forums, and calling local competitors.

Big picture, on a piece of equipment like that, your path of least resistance is working with someone local. You can obviously ship it, but it's a lot more work than someone showing up with a box truck and moving it a few miles.

Jim Hill

rossmosh:

I know how much work is involved in shipping. When I purchased my printer I found it on Craigslist in PA. and had it shipped to the west coast of Florida.
The former owner shipped it in the original box, and it arrived just fine.

For me buying a used Roland SP-300V was a smart move because it still works perfectly and these printers are easy to do maintenance on.
I am 74 and have a little health issue, so it's time to think about selling it.

I would rather sell it locally because to take all apart and put it back in the original box is a lot of work.
I also would like to show whoever buys it how to use and do all the repair work on it including changing heads and everything else.

Jim

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Why not eBay? You can set it to local pickup only.

We have had pretty good luck with it, even when listing for a local pickup.

There might also be a company that is buying their second or third machine and not need any training. In their case, they might want it shipped. If they do, send them to your local craters and freighters to arrange pickup and freight.