• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best printer for 24x36 metal prints with bleed

ImCanadianEh

I’m looking to get into sub printing on metal. Max size would be 24x36.

Any recommendations for 24” sub ready printers that allow for oversized 24” paper to accommodate for the bleed.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Sawgrass VJ 628... don't own one but was given a demo a little while back. Results were quite impressive. I think it's a rebadged Mutoh from memory.
Will do 24.3" wide prints so should cover your bleed requirements (just!).

ImCanadianEh

The VJ628 is perfect for what I need. The only problem is the price. $4495 US. ($5669 CA)
Are there any other manufacturers out there that make a 24” sublimation printer that takes the oversized rolls?
I see lots 24” printers for under $2000.

ImCanadianEh

We run the Epson surecolor f series. Has been a great printer for us.
Are you using the 24" or the 44"? And what is the largest panel you can sub? I am looking to do 24x36's...unless they make a panel that is a touch smaller, to work with a 24" printer...

Greg Kelm

www.cheetaprint.com
We have the f6200 which is a 44" inch capable printer, but now use the 24" epson sublimation paper on it.

hybriddesign

owner Hybrid Design
Hi, I've got a VJ628 set up for 8 color and VERY little use on it. It includes the take up roll, stand, everything and I'm looking for $2250+ shipping (paid around $5500 from Conde). It comes with a 50-75% full ink set. Shipping might be a couple hundred at least. I have the original shipping box for it. We purchased it as our 63" Mimaki's couldn't hit the resolution we needed for ceramics, chromaluxe etc. But then our Mimaki's started to dye off and I ended up just buying some of the 44" Epson's instead of replacing the Mimaki's and now the VJ628 is just kind of sitting here. It's a great little printer, just kinda on the slower side and we found out that it's best to power it off every night as it'll burn a lot of ink on self cleans. It's definitely more industrial than the Epson 24" and the 8 color print is spectacular. We just don't enough high res photos to justify it.

ImCanadianEh

We have the f6200 which is a 44" inch capable printer, but now use the 24" epson sublimation paper on it.
With the you can also use sawgrass' 25" paper in your printer and use full 24" wide blanks
Hi, I've got a VJ628 set up for 8 color and VERY little use on it. It includes the take up roll, stand, everything and I'm looking for $2250+ shipping (paid around $5500 from Conde). It comes with a 50-75% full ink set. Shipping might be a couple hundred at least. I have the original shipping box for it. We purchased it as our 63" Mimaki's couldn't hit the resolution we needed for ceramics, chromaluxe etc. But then our Mimaki's started to dye off and I ended up just buying some of the 44" Epson's instead of replacing the Mimaki's and now the VJ628 is just kind of sitting here. It's a great little printer, just kinda on the slower side and we found out that it's best to power it off every night as it'll burn a lot of ink on self cleans. It's definitely more industrial than the Epson 24" and the 8 color print is spectacular. We just don't enough high res photos to justify it.[/QUOTE
Hi. I noticed you are located in Honolulu? Im in British Columbia, Canada. I think shipping would be a killer to get it here... The price sounds good. Though.

hybriddesign

owner Hybrid Design
Sorry, I never saw your reply. The paper is slightly larger than 24" and will allow you to print a 24" panel without any bleed. I'm guessing that by now you already found a printer but we still have the VJ628 if you're interested.