• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best Printer for MX Graphics

trebdesign

Hi,

I want to start producing stickers for motorcycles of Motocross, Enduro, ATV, etc and I would like to know that would cost printer ideal for introducing me to this world. I would like to know tambén on cutting plotters and laminators. If anyone can help me thank you.

Thanks

trebdesign

Thank you very much for your reply. I have little budget. 2.5 K. I just would like to know which machines are ideal for this type of work.

trebdesign

But I would like to buy second hand old printers. I saw a "Mutoh Rockhopper I" used by 2k. What you think about this printer?

STSMotorsports

I blew thru 50k to start so quickly and 90% of my business is moto. Find someone to print for you until you have enough realistic work to justify a printer/cutter, laminator, ink, work table, etc.

TheSnowman

$2,500? Not happening. Sub it out, or go get a loan. If you DO buy something that's a "setup" in this budget...it will never work for you, and it will be broken more than it works. You'll miss deadlines, and be miserable. Just sub it out till you get enough money to do it right, or get a loan.

Flame

You'll need to budget about 10-15 times that to get your feet wet. As has been mentioned...you'll need printer, laminator, GOOD quality plotter, software and misc tools.... so for $2500 you can't even get a decent cutter :/ Save up for awhile and do some research and you'll find the right setup.

ProColorGraphics

As a compliment to everyone who posted here, it is good to see that everyone gave him good advice, versus just telling him that he's an idiot and find a different career. It gets old seeing that on so many posts.

Yes, you will spend more than that on a decent cutter for cutting that thick stuff.

CRD

Another advice.
Get yourself a business plan first, now you know what other already mentioned :).

1] Do you have any knowledge of vector and bitmap design?
1.5] Do you have any templates or the skills to produce them?
2] How many decals will you sell and what profit you expect to buy your own equipment later?
3] What are the cost for outsourcing and what are your profits?
4] Start with a contour cutter first then expand.

Paco

heyskull

I am gonna add my bit....

"DON'T DO IT"

Their is no money to be made in the MX game unless you are investing big time and even then it will be a struggle.
$2.5k will hardly properly get you set up cutting vinyl graphics!
It is not just the printer but you need a heavy duty plotter to contour cut the laminate, I nearly destroyed our Mutoh SC1400!!
Materials are expensive and you can only really use Convex or Substance as the rest are rubbish and will cost you dearly if you try.
Please read this as I know.

SC