• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best RIP for Latex 310

jigsaw

Hi All, Had the 310 for about 12 months now and struggling with the HP flexiprint RIP, and I hate it. Can I have constructive recommendations for a better RIP please. cheers Geoff

dypinc

Most RIPs are available in demos. Get some and try them out.

My personal favorite is ColorGate.

timgo

Graphics Designer
Hi All, Had the 310 for about 12 months now and struggling with the HP flexiprint RIP, and I hate it. Can I have constructive recommendations for a better RIP please. cheers Geoff

Hi,

Everything you need is CADLink SignLab Print and Cut or Digital Factory.

CADLink SignLab Print and Cut
• Digital Factory Version 3 Print
• Digital Factory Version 3 Print and Cut
• Digital Factory Version 3 Print and Cut Production

Info:
CADlink eStore

FrankW

What is the problem with the FlexiPRINT RIP? For me, it have currently one of the best drivers and functionality for that printers. But, to be honest, I too change some default settings to let that software working smooth. And sometimes the new technology of the printers is confusing: blaming the RIP for wrong colours for example is wrong, because the profiles are printer based.

This is a list of the certified RIP's for the Latex Printers:

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/commercial-printers/latex-printers/rips.html

I'm sorry for that Signlab-Spammer, but Signlab isn't certified. But that doesn't mean that it won't work.

At the end the suggestion of dypinc is good: because we don't know what your needs are, you should check yourself the possibilities.

TomK

What is the problem with the FlexiPRINT RIP? For me, it have currently one of the best drivers and functionality for that printers. But, to be honest, I too change some default settings to let that software working smooth. And sometimes the new technology of the printers is confusing: blaming the RIP for wrong colours for example is wrong, because the profiles are printer based.

This is a list of the certified RIP's for the Latex Printers:

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/commercial-printers/latex-printers/rips.html

I'm sorry for that Signlab-Spammer, but Signlab isn't certified. But that doesn't mean that it won't work.

At the end the suggestion of dypinc is good: because we don't know what your needs are, you should check yourself the possibilities.

Frank, what sort of options do you change in your RIP, just curious and always looking for suggestions to get better color out of my Latex and Flexi.

FrankW

Frank, what sort of options do you change in your RIP, just curious and always looking for suggestions to get better color out of my Latex and Flexi.

If wanting best colour out of your latex, you have to do calibrations.

For example, I mostly switch off the synchronizing of the current media. Regularly, as soon as loading media to the printer, the RIP-Software reports the media type (and asks for confirmation for applying the suitable profile for further jobs), and the media size separately. This is really annoying, and makes the software really slow when setting up more than one or two setups.

dypinc

If wanting best colour out of your latex, you have to do calibrations.

And create a output profile with black generation set appropriate to you printing requirements. What limitations the RIP imposes on that will depend on what RIP or third party profile generation software you choose.

astraios

Hi All, Had the 310 for about 12 months now and struggling with the HP flexiprint RIP, and I hate it.

In short: was there ->did the research->decided to go with Caldera and never opened Flexi again. Now I get goosebumps just to think to print from Flexi.

(Disclaimer: This is my personal choice/experience I am not stating one is superior compared to other).

FrankW

The FlexiPRINT Basic Edition delivered with that printers is a basic software. OF COURSE, as soon as buying a commercial product (as can be done too with a higher version of FlexiPRINT) could lead to more satisfaction.

Me, as a supporter, have deeper experiences with several RIP-Products. I like Caldera, but it isn't my favourite. When I do printer demos, I mostly do that with FlexiPRINT, because it is the easiest to use.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
I like to use onyx. I've seen caldera in use, and im not a huge fan. For me, Onyx interface feels more on a professional level. And doing jobs in job editor/preflight is all done in steps so you really cannot miss anything.