• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Best Roland Printer

Wellsy

I am looking at buying a Roland Versa Express or True VIS, 90% of the work is print onto vinyl.

Does anyone have one of these printers printing on vinyl. Which is best.

Many Thanks

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Have to agree with Canuck. The amount of issues listed on this forum alone with Roland problems since they moved on from the VS series is something to be frightful of.

Gene@mpls

RF-640 double cmyk- old style head. We are on our 2nd one, four years on the first one and so cheap we could not help getting a new one.

petepaz

we have a truvis and was good for like 18 months then 5 months of issues our vendor and roland finally got everything resolved and we have been problem free for about 3 months now...knock wood. with that said we have 5 rolands including the truvis. in my opinion the truvis was just released before it was really tested and the customer suffered the consequences. if you can get your hands on an XR or XC new or refurb those are both work horses for roland. we have only had normal wear and tear issues with both of those. the XC we did have to replace the main board but we bought it as a refurb and then ran it for like 10-11 more years before that happened.

petepaz

also if you do go with the truvis make sure it has ver2 inks running in it. the original version was part of the issues we had

Bryce I

I'm Brie
also if you do go with the truvis make sure it has ver2 inks running in it. the original version was part of the issues we had

Do you think the original version ink could have something to do with my lite green's banding, despite constant cleanings and calbrations?

Bryce I

I'm Brie
I am looking at buying a Roland Versa Express or True VIS, 90% of the work is print onto vinyl.

Does anyone have one of these printers printing on vinyl. Which is best.

Many Thanks
We "upgraded" to a Truevis VG-540 and it's been nothing but trouble for over a year. problems are just intermittent enough to keep from pulling the plug on it.

Pewter0000

Graphic Design | Production
Roland just discontinued the XR-640.
Great Printer just a little slow.

This is what we use. I don't have anything to compare it to for speed, but it's user friendly enough and the fact that it also can cut makes it pretty useful for our small print shop. We're not pumping out so much that it can't keep up - yet!