• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best Substrate for general decal work

Vinylman

Lately I have been using Mac Tac high-performance white vinyl to do my digital prints.

Most of what I do is for short-term outdoor use, but I am wondering if anybody would like to recommend another product that they are using that would be equal to or better than the Mac Tac, as well as what kind of price you're paying for these products. I usually order 54 inch wide by 150 to 164 Ft. rolls. but occasionally I will buy a 48 inch roll and have it split into 3 separate rolls.

I'm getting ready to order new material and would appreciate any input that you could give me thanks.:thankyou:

J

john1

General Formulations Concept 201 (matte) or 203 (gloss) works great. Also, Oracal 3164. Both are priced super super cheap and hold up great. You can use Oracal 200 laminate on both.

CanuckSigns

For short term use stuff, we use Proveer's house brand Tru-Stock vinyl, it's dirt cheap, prints great and is nice and thick so it's easy to apply, not sure if you get it in the USA since proveer got bought out.

Have you tried contacting BigFish? he seems to have really good prices for down and dirty vinyl.

tsgstl

I use oracal 3164g for the reasons John1 explained, and its thick as well

Proveer only exists in Canada so it might be a issue ordering trustock

they get 50" rolls for me because of my printer limitations for $120 ish a roll (not 100% sure of my price) from N.Glantz

gabagoo

For short term use stuff, we use Proveer's house brand Tru-Stock vinyl, it's dirt cheap, prints great and is nice and thick so it's easy to apply, not sure if you get it in the USA since proveer got bought out.

Have you tried contacting BigFish? he seems to have really good prices for down and dirty vinyl.

I have been using this product as of late and the matte prints excellent. Application is great especially with the grey adhesive. the vinly feels very stiff and releases off the backing liner great. I am pretty sure it is an Avery product as I had a roll of Avery that seemed identical.