• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Best substrate for near saltwater

nssignguy

I am getting a quote ready for a customer where they want reflective vinyl printed with numbers on them and then laid down on a substrate. My question is which is better for longevity when they will be located on docks near saltwater. I think 3mm ACP such as dibond should be fine but maybe I need just regular aluminum sheets.

Let me know what you think!

Bricoleur

I am getting a quote ready for a customer where they want reflective vinyl printed with numbers on them and then laid down on a substrate. My question is which is better for longevity when they will be located on docks near saltwater. I think 3mm ACP such as dibond should be fine but maybe I need just regular aluminum sheets.

Let me know what you think!
The Dibond brand holds up best if you can get it. The paint on the cheaper ACM products tends to chalk or oxidize fairly quickly under normal outdoor exposure.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
We use.080 alum down here on Florida's emerald coast. Polymetal too. Could also use "hood laminate" for better protection against sun.