• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best Supplier in the industry period my opinion.

judead

I have to say we always hear of horror stories on how people do things badly and since we are all technically vendors we always know that angry people always talk bad about you or how you treated them. Because I am one of those that definitely bad mouth's someone if they treat me wrong I have to look at how often do I give praise when someone does it right? I am going to take the time because of the service I have received.

Advantage Sign and Graphic Solutions does the best to bend over backwards to make sure I have the materials I need at a fair price. Lisa Newmeyer if you are blessed enough to be in her area of coverage cares about your business and wants you to succeed. She is always calling back to touch base on a new product you might have tried or making sure you got what you ordered. If there is a problem and we all know problems happen because people are involved I only have to call once and she does the rest. I can even call and describe a product to her and instead of me spending precious management and estimating time to look for it she will try to find it for me. There are no words to describe or convey just how happy I am with the service I receive. Even if a product costs a bit more I will gladly pay to know I am taken care of especially when I am in a pinch.

I also just bought a new S-70 from Advantage and I was worried because I had to deal with a equipment rep instead of my normal rep Lisa, but after being introduced to Matt Molenbeek he is very friendly and knowledgeable of the products. I ordered the printer on a late Friday evening and had the printer shipped Monday. I would have had it that Tuesday but we had a bad ice storm here and it held it up a few days. I mean that is crazy fast. It literally was like I ordered the printer and the doorbell rang... Matt stayed in constant contact to make sure everything went smoothly. He also followed up after the printer was setup to make sure I was satisfied with the technicians work and the printer. Advantage had a very knowledgeable tech by the name of Joel come out and setup the S-70 and I had him stay another day to profile it on Caldera which I purchased from Advantage as well.

If you want someone to be behind you every step of the way then look no further. Honestly I almost feel like they are family in how they do care about my business. When the chips are down and the job is on the line I know there is one thing I don't have to worry about and that is my supplier Advantage Sign and Graphic Solutions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jillbeans

In this veritable block of text, I really had to strain to find out which supplier you are praising. Paragraphs are your friend.

I am a Glantz gal all the way.
Love....Jill

bikecomedy

Completely different experience for me from the company the OP mentions. I use them as little as possible and don't recommend them.

TheSnowman

I am with the OP...been with Advantage for 20 years and they are my first go to supplier for everything. Bought 2 cutters and two prints from them. Amazing tech support and amazing customer service. Great pricing as well. I'd recommend them to anyone.

player

In this veritable block of text, I really had to strain to find out which supplier you are praising. Paragraphs are your friend.

Love....Jill

I was wondering why I wanted to kill myself when I tried to read that rambling block of text.

Mosh

I am a Fellers and Grimco guy. Both have served me well over the years. Fellers has even opened a warehouse in Omaha 45 minutes from my shop.
And the Grimco delivers to me twice a week for my sheet goods and such.

judead

Jill,

Never was good with english and I am in the south so you can chalk that up to me being a dumb hillbilly hick that doesn't know anything.

There does that make you feel better knowing you are smarter than someone else?

Thanks,

Adam

Marlene

Jill,

Never was good with english and I am in the south so you can chalk that up to me being a dumb hillbilly hick that doesn't know anything.

Thanks,

Adam​

it's not an insult to you in any way. what you were saying was well worth the read but it was really hard to do that set up as one huge text block. I got thru most of it and do wish I could have read it all. please go back in and edit it so it is easier on the eyes as I'm sure other stopped after the first few words and gave up and you said some really nice things that deserve to be read

phototec

Grimco - YES :thumb:

Fellers - NO (not just the high prices, I can't stand looking at all the hundreds of Frank photos in the catalog) :ROFLMAO:.

:smile:

I've had nothing but positive experiences with Advantage and I think that's the same Matt that installed our printer. Definitely did a great job.

Minus the pictures of Frank, Fellers has been descent to us. I can't complain too much.

Unfortunately we have had some negative experiences with Grimco. I've had to reject ACM on several occasions that was damaged when it arrived at the shop. They've replaced the material every time so I still use them on occasion. I suspect the problem is more with their delivery people but it still delays jobs.

~Chris

Billct2

I am in the south so you can chalk that up to me being a dumb hillbilly hick that doesn't know anything.
Thanks, I knew there was reason that was so hard to read, but don't be so hard on yourself, we have guys like you up north too :rolleyes:.

bikecomedy

Well the company is not perfect. None is. Your mileage obviously varies. I have had good experiences too. But for me the bad one was of such a nature I prefer not to help the entire company. Which for me has to be pretty bad. I am willing to forgive ignorance and mistakes but my experience was not of the innocent kind. I worked with the VP of Sales, and national sales manager. Neither was helpful. I also took the time to see what other companies are held by the decision makers in this company and avoid those too. So, like I said it has to be pretty bad or I wouldn't have this attitude. Glad to hear others where not treated as I was.

Signbot

Grimco - YES :thumb:

Fellers - NO (not just the high prices, I can't stand looking at all the hundreds of Frank photos in the catalog) :ROFLMAO:.

:smile:

You should sharpie all the photos with Frank's face and reach out to their local sales rep for meeting. They'll likely give you sales price sheet with significantly lower prices. :wink:

Jillbeans

Jill,

Thanks,

Adam

Paragraphs are something that can be found above and below the Mason-Dixon line.
Most people won't take the time to read a block of text.

I bought $15,000 worth of new & used equipment from Advantage in 1998. The technician spent his two days of training here trying to install the printer. (just a regular old HP paper printer)

I must say, I did love their tech support. Having to teach myself, someone who had never even turned on a computer, how to run sign making software was a daunting task. I used to call them quite often to walk me through things.

But I buy 98% of everything, from paint to brushes to squeegees, from N Glantz.

parrott

Advantage is a great company and a great group of people. I have bought both equipment and materials from this company and have never had a bad experience. I was worried when Jim Peterson my old rep for advantage moved to CET that I would not continue to get the great support he offered us. I was completely wrong. Lisa has been in constant contact and always makes sure we have what we need. I agree with the OP, Advantage is a great company that cares about their customers. Lisa, keep on keeping on!

I would also like to sing praises about Jim Peterson. If you are in the market for a flatbed (CET), talk to Jim Peterson. This guy has been in the industry for years and has sold every type of equipment/printer. He knows his stuff and chose to partner with CET for a reason. I have bought printers and media from him for years and he has always steered me straight. Very knowledgeable and has an eye for detail like most of us in this industry. Big ups to Mr. Peterson as well as Lisa Newmeyer.

Auburnpeanut

You should sharpie all the photos with Frank's face and reach out to their local sales rep for meeting. They'll likely give you sales price sheet with significantly lower prices. :wink:

We are big Grimco fans as well. Also yes if you reach out to your local rep for fellers you can get significantly better pricing than in the catalog.

judead

As for the comments on the equipment installation being poor I will say that all of my experiences have been top notch. Probably going to replace a aging laminator in the near future and I won't hesitate to give them a call at Advantage.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
That's not even possible to say that unless you have tried every supplier how can you say one is the best lol.