• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best transfer tape for 751

mameighan

Doing quite a bit of cut vinyl lettering and graphics on a trailer.

Intending to use oracal 751.

What is your go to transfer tape for this?

I have used various tapes in the past for various projects but have never really settled on one.

Would love some advice from those that have installed a lot and any tips on installation would be appreciated.

Thanks

equippaint

4075 here too and whatever house brand tape tubelite carries. Ive used uscutter greenstar brand and its decent as well

brdesign

RTape Conform Medium Tack has been my go to tape for years. 3M is the best transfer tape I've used but too expensive for everyday use.

mameighan

Thank you all. On the install - do you recommend a wet install or dry. I have done both but usually do wet on vehicles to help with bubbles but not sure with all the rivets if that will help or hinder the process.

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
Thank you all. On the install - do you recommend a wet install or dry. I have done both but usually do wet on vehicles to help with bubbles but not sure with all the rivets if that will help or hinder the process.

Are you sure its rivets and not screws? If its screws, remove them in the area your lettering. Wet install and let it dry for a day, put the screws back in. If its rivets, wet install. Let it dry for a while then release the water from the rivets with a poker and squeegee. Let it dry for a day and rework the rivets.

You can dry install too. Same thing, remove screws, install, re-install screws. Same on rivets without the drying time.
If we dry install we cut the Lettering/graphics into smaller pieces if possible after hanging/taping it into place.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Be careful with removing screws, it has been discussed here a few times... most trailers use self tappers, when removed they enlargen the hole so they don't have the same holding power as previously and can lead to other issues.