Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best transfer tape for 751

Discussion in 'Vehicle Graphics' started by mameighan, May 9, 2019.

1. mameighan

mameighan Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Moberly
    Doing quite a bit of cut vinyl lettering and graphics on a trailer.

Intending to use oracal 751.

What is your go to transfer tape for this?

I have used various tapes in the past for various projects but have never really settled on one.

Would love some advice from those that have installed a lot and any tips on installation would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tags:
  2. unclebun

unclebun Active Member

Dec 7, 2011
    Osage Beach, MO
    We use R-Tape RLA4075 high tack for almost everything.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jburns

Jburns Active Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Denver
    Agree - R-Tape RLA4075 for 751

• Like Like x 2
  4. SignosaurusRex

SignosaurusRex Major Contributor

Mar 7, 2007
    Washington State
    Yep, R-Tape RLA 4075

5. equippaint

equippaint Very Active Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Florida
    4075 here too and whatever house brand tape tubelite carries. Ive used uscutter greenstar brand and its decent as well

6. 2CT Media

2CT Media Very Active Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    We converted over completely to 3M SCPS-55, nothing compares to it including its cost (expensive). It's so worth it!

7. brdesign

brdesign New Member

Jun 21, 2007
    Fuquay Varina NC
    RTape Conform Medium Tack has been my go to tape for years. 3M is the best transfer tape I've used but too expensive for everyday use.

8. mameighan

mameighan Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Moberly
    Thank you all. On the install - do you recommend a wet install or dry. I have done both but usually do wet on vehicles to help with bubbles but not sure with all the rivets if that will help or hinder the process.

9. d fleming

d fleming Very Active Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Middleburg, Florida
    transfer rite, I usually get medium tack but will use high tack from time to time.

10. MikePatterson

MikePatterson Head bathroom cleaner.

Are you sure its rivets and not screws? If its screws, remove them in the area your lettering. Wet install and let it dry for a day, put the screws back in. If its rivets, wet install. Let it dry for a while then release the water from the rivets with a poker and squeegee. Let it dry for a day and rework the rivets.

You can dry install too. Same thing, remove screws, install, re-install screws. Same on rivets without the drying time.
    If we dry install we cut the Lettering/graphics into smaller pieces if possible after hanging/taping it into place.

11. mameighan

mameighan Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Moberly
    Thanks Mike

12. 2CT Media

2CT Media Very Active Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    Be careful with removing screws, it has been discussed here a few times... most trailers use self tappers, when removed they enlargen the hole so they don't have the same holding power as previously and can lead to other issues.