• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best Vinyl for foamboard

morty87

Hello, I have been working on trying to attach 24x36 photographs to foamboard and the glue method hasn't been working for me, edges peeling, A lot of air bubbles, etc. . I was wondering what the best vinyl would be to print and facemount on the foamboard. Or if anyone has other suggestions on what to use/methods it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for any help.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
We've found it best to print to paper, apply an overlaminate (matte), then apply to either pre-adhesive foamcore or apply the adhesive to the foamcore our self. All the vinyls we've used end up trying to shrink up whereby causing the edges to curl up over a period of time.

p.s. our flatbed has been broke for nearly 3 years or more. Gino wouldn't lie. That's the best way.

letterman7

Depends on how long you expect them to last. Any vinyl will work. Literally any vinyl that you can print on. Something with air release will be easier to apply, of course... I've used Ritrama 1955-503 RA for a number of projects and have had very good results with it.

clarizeyale

We've found it best to print to paper, apply an overlaminate (matte), then apply to either pre-adhesive foamcore or apply the adhesive to the foamcore our self. All the vinyls we've used end up trying to shrink up whereby causing the edges to curl up over a period of time.

p.s. our flatbed has been broke for nearly 3 years or more. Gino wouldn't lie. That's the best way.

There's also paper with an adhesive back/lining. I think it's an HP brand

morty87

Thank you all for your replies. I did find EcoSatin PSA by magic that has adhesive backing so ordered that and also some vinyl. So hopefully one or the other will work as i don't have a flatbed :( It's such a small couple jobs I didn't want to have to pay 14 dollars for a 24x36 foamboard with adhesive. spending 400 made much more sense lol smh

myront

CorelDRAW is best
What is the "pre-adhesive foamcore" that you use? Is this Gatorfoam that already has an adhesive layer? Or is it actually Fome-Cor brand sheets with an adhesive? Or some other brand?

Yes, I was generalizing the term "foamcore". We use several different manufacturers that use different terms. We generally apply our own adhesive as needed.