Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Vinyl for foamboard

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by morty87, Jul 12, 2018.

1. morty87

morty87 Member

Feb 17, 2018
    Vancouver
    Hello, I have been working on trying to attach 24x36 photographs to foamboard and the glue method hasn't been working for me, edges peeling, A lot of air bubbles, etc. . I was wondering what the best vinyl would be to print and facemount on the foamboard. Or if anyone has other suggestions on what to use/methods it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for any help.

Tags:
  2. Gino

Gino Major Contributor

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Honestly............... ?? Flatbed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. jsmoritz2000

jsmoritz2000 Very Active Member

We use Orajet 3651 w/ 210 matte laminate.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. myront

myront CorelDRAW is best

Dec 3, 2015
    Niceville, FL
    We've found it best to print to paper, apply an overlaminate (matte), then apply to either pre-adhesive foamcore or apply the adhesive to the foamcore our self. All the vinyls we've used end up trying to shrink up whereby causing the edges to curl up over a period of time.

p.s. our flatbed has been broke for nearly 3 years or more. Gino wouldn't lie. That's the best way.

5. letterman7

letterman7 Very Active Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Depends on how long you expect them to last. Any vinyl will work. Literally any vinyl that you can print on. Something with air release will be easier to apply, of course... I've used Ritrama 1955-503 RA for a number of projects and have had very good results with it.

6. clarizeyale

clarizeyale Member

Aug 25, 2016
    SF Bay Area
    There's also paper with an adhesive back/lining. I think it's an HP brand

7. clarizeyale

clarizeyale Member

Aug 25, 2016
    SF Bay Area
    nope nope. it's 3670 Imola Photo Paper with Pressure Sensitive Adhesive. SIHL brand

8. signbrad

signbrad Member

Jun 15, 2014
    Kansas City
    What is the "pre-adhesive foamcore" that you use? Is this Gatorfoam that already has an adhesive layer? Or is it actually Fome-Cor brand sheets with an adhesive? Or some other brand?

9. morty87

morty87 Member

Feb 17, 2018
    Vancouver
    Thank you all for your replies. I did find EcoSatin PSA by magic that has adhesive backing so ordered that and also some vinyl. So hopefully one or the other will work as i don't have a flatbed :( It's such a small couple jobs I didn't want to have to pay 14 dollars for a 24x36 foamboard with adhesive. spending 400 made much more sense lol smh

10. myront

myront CorelDRAW is best

Dec 3, 2015
    Niceville, FL
    Yes, I was generalizing the term "foamcore". We use several different manufacturers that use different terms. We generally apply our own adhesive as needed.