• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best way to do Day night or black during day white at night

Bradley D

www.jigsign.com
I am curious what is the best way to achieve black and white effect for a channel letter. I know they sale acrylic that is suppose to do this from Bitro Group and others. Havent tried it. I have also seen people use perf black over white or milky white or clear with 2nd surface diffuser. I am looking for the truest white at night black during day colors.

MikePro

truest white at night and black in daytime? trick question really.
black perf on white acrylic, day/night acrylic, etc.....they all have about the same level of "grey" when illuminated.

Andy D

Plus one for perf black, the only caveat is if the letters are too big to do in one piece, getting the holes to line up
without a line can be impossible. That day-night acrylic is more dark grey at day and light grey at night.

bowtievega

Premium Subscriber
Black perf on white is the way to go. The day night acrylic isnt very black during the day and isn’t very bright at night