• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Best Way to Mount PVC Sign with NO Standoffs

Ryan M

This may be a dumb question but I have never had to do this before. We have some signs ready to go into production which are two parts: a colored PVC base fused to a white acrylic with direct print. What is the best way to mount these types of signs directly to the wall? I have seen some corridor mounts that might work for the blade signs but have not found anything for the bigger signs that will be mounted directly to the wall. Any help with sourcing will be greatly appreciated.

Modern Ink Signs

Premium Subscriber
4" lag screws!

just kidding....

It depends on what you are trying to achieve. Going for the no hardware look? If so, cleat mount, mount the 1st panel to the wall then the 2nd panel to the 1st, etc, etc. etc

AaronSSsignsKC

Z-clips or VHB tape and a dab of silicone is what I would use if I am understanding what you are trying to achieve correctly. We direct mount pvc and acrylic signs directly to walls daily with 1"vhb and silicone. VHB is a great product just make sure they want the signs to be up for a bit it will bring paint and paper with the tape when removed form drywall and painted walls.

2B

Z-clips or VHB tape and a dab of silicone is what I would use if I am understanding what you are trying to achieve correctly. We direct mount pvc and acrylic signs directly to walls daily with 1"vhb and silicone. VHB is a great product just make sure they want the signs to be up for a bit it will bring paint and paper with the tape when removed form drywall and painted walls.

this, also do a test run of the VHB before the full installation,
with the newer paints, there have been reports here of VHB not holding/adhering as intended

Sandman

2B is right. I've run into paint that nothing will stick to it. I found out they were adding silicone to the paint to make it self cleaning. But with the right paint, I don't get the dab of silicone. The VHB tape will out perform the silicone and has set up time.