• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best way to tackle this job?

aandrews19

I have a potential customer coming my way, thanks to a friend. I'm trying to better prepare myself for when I discuss the job with the customer. He is a grain farmer, looking to have graphics installed on his transport trucks/ trailers. Up until now, I have really only done smaller jobs... contractor trucks, and other smaller vehicles. I'm just looking for some guidence on the best way to go about this, because of the shape of the trailers (photo attached).

I'm thinking the best way would be to apply the graphics to a panel, and then install the panel onto the side of the trailer. But, maybe someone with more experience has a better/ different solution?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 331535_152349508195398_378055501_o.jpg
    331535_152349508195398_378055501_o.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 110

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I think you have the right idea.
An aluminum panel .080 or better screwed or riveted onto those ribs would do the job - look good & be much easier to get right over trying to apply directly onto the sides.

wayne k
guam usa

Jillbeans

You could also offer the alternative of just running a line of lettering down that straight part at the bottom, it's at about eye level.
Love....Jill

ddarlak

Go Bills!
i would install over the corrugation myself. after you have settled on a design, stretch the image out before cutting to compensate for the loss you will have for running in and out of the corrugation. i have done this once before and it' turned out great and wasn't hard to install at all. i also cut it vertically instead of horizontally, made installation a breeze.

to see how much to stretch, measure the depth of the corrugation(s) and add it to the length of the truck

aandrews19

Had to turn down the job. He previously had a guy who was supposed to apply graphics on the doors of the trucks... after removing the old lettering that was already on there. Wish I would have taken some pics, but let's just say...the guy used the wrong stuff. Those trucks need to head to a paint/ body shop before I'm willing to touch them. Kinda sucks, cause I was excited to get this job.

signage

Had to turn down the job. He previously had a guy who was supposed to apply graphics on the doors of the trucks... after removing the old lettering that was already on there. Wish I would have taken some pics, but let's just say...the guy used the wrong stuff. Those trucks need to head to a paint/ body shop before I'm willing to touch them. Kinda sucks, cause I was excited to get this job.

What make you say wrong stuff?

Could it be paint issue/ or maybe installed to soon after being repainted?

aandrews19

You could see that the paint sort of bubbled in areas... meaning there was some kind of chemical reaction which removed the paint. Again.. I should have taken some photos to share :banghead:

Now that I think about it... 'That last guy' could just mean they tried to do it themselves and screwed it up. They WERE surprisingly candid regarding this 'other guy'.