• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Bevel help

MikesSigns

Trying to duplicate this bevel effect in x5, have played with various direction, altitude, intensity levels. Unsure if I'm even on the right track. looking to then cut bevel out like shown in photo, Times New Roman Bold is font I'm working with.Thanks for any help.
Mike

Attachments

• unspecified.jpg
    unspecified.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 346

neato

Unfortunately you won't duplicate that with an automatic bevel effect. Corels bevel effects are actually done in bitmap. This would need to be drawn or traced by hand.

MikesSigns

Thanks, Yah its quite a PROCESS. I ended up using Corels bevel, getting adjustments close, then converting it to bitmap grey scale, then tracing and placing back on original letters. Should be able to tweak from there. It will work, not exact but shall work...,Thanks again

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Might find a close match with a search for beveled fonts on line.
That looks like a font that shipped with CasMate

wayne k
guam usa

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
No software exists that can make a properly chiseled "prismatic" bevel effect. It doesn't matter if the software is vector-based or raster-based. They all fail at the points where letter strokes join, such as the stem and cross bar on a letter "T". The filters all deliver a dopey bowled out effect where the strokes meet.

In the end you have to create the prismatic effect yourself. In CorelDRAW it's time consuming, but is not too difficult. It's easiest on san-serif fonts with not too much contrast on thick and thin strokes. It's real easy on a font like ITC Machine. I break apart portions of a letter and then use Corel's blend tool to create a precise center line on the center of the stroke and then work from there to create the highlight and/or shadow portions of the prismatic effect.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
That tutorial is okay, but it doesn't explain the most important part of the effect that has to be drawn: the center line running through the middle of the letter stroke. That's where CorelDRAW's blend tool can come in very handy. For instance on a cap letter "I" you would use the node tool to break apart the nodes holding the rectangular shape together. Use the blend tool to create a 1 step blend between the two vertical lines. After applying the blend you'll have to use the path direction tool to reverse the direction on one of the vertical lines to get the center line running the full length of the letter stroke. For different letters and different typefaces you have to break apart the letter forms into more segments to build up an accurate center line.

Once that's done, separate the blend and go to work doing the stuff described in the Letterhead tutorial.