• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Biesse Rover J E-Stop

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
Our Biesse Rover J is just over a year old. While it seems to be a solidly built machine, we had some funky glitches in the first year- including a couple that required service visits. We seemed to have settled into a good groove with it until about a month ago, when we started getting random EStops- despite none of the sensors having been activated.
When this first happened, we actually had to have a tech come out to service the machine (which, of course, cost us beaucoup since it was no longer under warranty) because we couldn't get it operational and it was seriously hampering production. Which, of course, meant the damned thing booted right up and ran just fine the day he got here. He couldn't find anything wrong, of course- and suggested "maybe some dust had gotten into the contacts for the switch." He suggested contact cleaner and canned air cleaning of the control box as a possible remedy.
Less than a week after his visit, we began getting the EStop errors again. When we finally got an answer from one of their techs (their customer service problems are for another post), he suggested our air pressure was too low, as the Rover requires 7 bar to run. Since we're in the process of installing a newer, screw-driven compressor and were relying on an older model, single stroke, I convinced my boss to buy us a 33 gallon compressor to use only on the router. That seemed to solve the problem until yesterday- when we again started getting random errors that we finally couldn't reset.
The last time it happened, I actually sat and watched the pressure gauge- which read over 8 bar when the EStop tripped, so I'm pretty sure that just can't be the problem. Unfortunately, the handheld gives no indication of what the error is.
So, to cut to the chase: Has anyone else experienced this issue- or is it just us? Or are we the only ones even running a Biesse?
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, since I'm still waiting on their tech support to return my call.

johnnysigns

Any resolution on this? Looking at a Rover J for our shop in the future, been scouring forums to get info on purchase experiences with Biesse.

fixtureman

I would post this on the Woodwebs cnc forum and also on the CNC zone under the Biesse forum both have many Biesse people including some techs

limacchina

There can be several possible causes. The tech should do some tests to find out the cause before jumping to conclusion.

GaSouthpaw

Any resolution on this? Looking at a Rover J for our shop in the future, been scouring forums to get info on purchase experiences with Biesse.
I'm sorry- I'm just now seeing this.
After endless calls, arguments, and them even charging us $2K plus for a service call on something that was an issue long before the warranty ran out, we finally got a competent tech to come out- who found there was a wire loose inside the Y gantry- that came from the factory that way.
My advice is to stay FAR away from Biesse. They are garbage.

GaSouthpaw

I'm sorry- I'm just now seeing this.
After endless calls, arguments, and them even charging us $2K plus for a service call on something that was an issue long before the warranty ran out, we finally got a competent tech to come out- who found there was a wire loose inside the Y gantry- that came from the factory that way.
My advice is to stay FAR away from Biesse. They are garbage.