• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Big large yard signs that rental worthy

dale911

President
I have seen signs around town from time to time that temporary rental yard signs. They are usually 2'x5' or something and have ropes coming from the top two corners down to stakes in the ground to keep it upright. I have two questions,

1. Is there any type of base or stake usually used?

2. What material would you build it with?

I have a customer wanting me to build 2 signs that are 2'x5' that are just like these that they will use for a baseball league and move weekly so they don't want to rent them.

skyhigh

Tell them to letter the equipment trailer that they haul these signs in.

OR

You can use those cheap U - channel fence post from lowes along with the rope and stakes attached to the top of the signs. PITA

OR

2x5 magnets onto the side of the truck bedside?

dale911

President
This is what they have in mind. I see that one of these images has some type of metal foot built in but the other 2 don't. I would imagine you would have to at least have a stake of some kind holding the base of the sign from moving or the thing would fall over too easy. big yard sign 2.jpg big yard sign.jpg big yard sign 3.jpg