• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help BIG PHOTOS - For a Store front graphics- Beauty Salon

ARGENTO

Advanced beginner
Hi !

I need to know where would it be a good online site to download high quality PHOTOS to be printed on a big size window.
36 inches x 72 inches
i think i will print it a 150 or 120 dpi finally.

I need the image to look good for pedestrians that walk close to it...and also cars passing by.

As you may see I am a beginner in this business....But I am always very thankful for your guidance.

Thanks!

Leandro

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
The sites on the web are legion Shutterstock, 123rf, etc. Stay away from Getty, they think they crap gold bricks. Any one of the myriad of sites can accommodate your needs at reasonable prices. Whatever you get you'll no doubt have to enlarge it a bit. For this you'll want a good spline fit package like PhotoZoom and others. Don't just grab a corner and pull.

henryz

Did you try looking up some images you like on Google, you can set the search settings for higher quality images.
upload_2018-3-22_13-58-2.png

shoresigns

Did you try looking up some images you like on Google, you can set the search settings for higher quality images.
View attachment 133522
No, that would be copyright infringement, unless you want to track down the owner for whatever random image you find on Google and convince them to license the image to you. Much easier to use a legit stock photo site.

ARGENTO

Advanced beginner
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
All your suggestions make a big change for me!

I also wanted to ask you...

What do you think of Deposit Photos?????, I opened an acct.

:)

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
You live in Miami, go out with your camera and make it local. (not saying go to the nude beaches)

ARGENTO

Advanced beginner
You live in Miami, go out with your camera and make it local. (not saying go to the nude beaches)

I went to the nude beach once.
Not very nice experience.
But I have to say that swimming butt naked in the ocean is awesome.

Thanks

ARGENTO

Advanced beginner
Seriously though, you don't think people will relate to local pictures going on the windows?

I think they would in many businesses,
But in this case this customer wants a woman with beautiful hair...and that is all she wants.
And nails...and stuff like that.

Keep in mind that Miami is seen by people in other states as Beaches+Sun+boat life...and stuff.
And Life here in general is not like that at all.

Most of Us see the ocean every couple months.

a

bpfohler

Our old website had a portfolio of shirts we screen printed, they were cut outs of pictures we’d taken.
Our new developer suggested we make it personal with real people who really wear our shirts, it’s a great idea

Last edited:

ChicagoGraphics

I went to the nude beach once.
Not very nice experience.
But I have to say that swimming butt naked in the ocean is awesome.

Thanks
Because you went to the nude beach in Florida, a bunch of old people, go to the beaches in Europe especialy France, they play naked vollyball

ARGENTO

Advanced beginner
So you either don't own a camera or don't live in Miami.

I live in SW Miami. 1 hr drive to the beach.

I do have a Camera...not so good one.
I am not a great photographer.
But i have a great photographer that works for me.---- As a contractor.

This customer I'm working for is the kind that does not want to hear my opinions.
Mostly She likes to decide everything by herself.
I have tried already to offer good stuff and She likes to feel in power all the time.

So, she shown me the pictures that she liked from google.
She does not want to spend Good money on the job.
So all this thing account, after all.

I do not say your idea of making it local is not valid.
I think is a great idea and I would like to hear more about your views on this regard.

Thanks!

Quicksilver

No, that would be copyright infringement, unless you want to track down the owner for whatever random image you find on Google and convince them to license the image to you. Much easier to use a legit stock photo site.

Actually Google changed their settings, you can no longer view original image and just hit save as.

Tbh if I needed a generic background like a sunset or blue sky I would just use google images, now if you want to do that you have to go to the website and see if it’s available there.

shoresigns

Actually Google changed their settings, you can no longer view original image and just hit save as.

Tbh if I needed a generic background like a sunset or blue sky I would just use google images, now if you want to do that you have to go to the website and see if it’s available there.

Images found on Google Image Search aren't free for anyone to use. They belong to the people who created them. If you don't want to pay for a generic image of a sunset, why not try one of the multitude of free options available?

These three sites host images that are released under CC0 license, which have almost no restrictions on how you can use them.
https://unsplash.com/
Free stock photos · Pexels
Free Images - Pixabay

You can also search for Creative Commons images with the advanced search options on Google, Flickr and CC Search. But note that not all Creative Commons images (aside from the CC0 license) allow for commercial use, and they generally require that you credit the artist in a particular way.