• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Big Squeegee for under 20$

Futura Signs

Alright guys.
Who here has bought a Big squeegee for 100$ or more.
Well heres the thing.

all you need is a small piece of plexiglass *(or something similar)* the lenght that you want it. Some Glue and an old pair of Gym Pants.

Put some Glue with a Glue gun along the edge of the Plexi
Rip apart an old pair of Gym pants that will act as a felt overlay to not scratch when squeegeeing and glue it on the edge just like a squeegee sleeve.

Materials are variable.... use your own imagination.

we made 4 of them here various size and they work awesome.
Saved a lot of money too.

Requires some amount of common sens to build it.

Cheers

Futura Signs

Alright guys.
Who here has bought a Big squeegee for 100$ or more.
Well heres the thing.

all you need is a small piece of plexiglass *(or something similar)* the lenght that you want it. Some Glue and an old pair of Gym Pants.

Put some Glue with a Glue gun along the edge of the Plexi
Rip apart an old pair of Gym pants that will act as a felt overlay to not scratch when squeegeeing and glue it on the edge just like a squeegee sleeve.

we made 4 of them here various size and they work awesome.
Saved a lot of money too.

Requires some amount of common sens to build it.

Cheers

he

signage

Futura you know you can cut all you vinyl with an exacto and save money or better yet just a sharp piece of glass! Someone spends time coming up with something and all you can figure is how to steel their idea!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
So let me get this right. You state the obvious ... a product developed, tested, invested in, manufactured, advertised and brought to market can be broken down to its material components and recreated for a lesser amount.

blondie.gif
Well DUH!

OTOH, we could pretty much apply the same logic to a lot of things. How about contact paper in place of vinyl? Need some lumber ... cut down a tree and mill your own. Credit cards make great squeegees too. Man oh man ... I'm gonna save enough to retire by June.

And OTOH, we can sure disregard the fact that Dale has been a member here since 2005 (while you've been here for a month), is one of our best supporters, has earned praise on his invention from hundreds of members here, and has made hundreds of helpful posts.

Futura Signs

so i guess im sorry?
because he's been a member of this forum for longer than me it means he knows more?
thats fine i was mearly trying to save folks a few dollars... ican see ppl are translating it to Plagerism *(my spelling Sucks)* so from now on when i see a quick cost effective way of doing something ill keep it for myself.... Lesson learned.

Thank you for making me feel welcome to the forums. I was in no way bashing suppliers as a i use the very very frequently.

Cheers

Futura Signs

Also my Home-made Big Squeegee is nothing compare to the quality of the actual Big squeegee... no place to put the roll of vinyl on top or nothing. Smooth Rubber at the tip to make sure no air escapes.

So my little device was nothing more than a cheap Trick / tip... im sure i posted in the right forum section right?

ppl definitly got the wrong impression.

Maybe i worded it wrong.... im a french Canadien

Dice

Well regardless, I might be able to build a Fletcher Terry Cutter out of a old piece of scrap metal, razor, and some shaving cream. Doesn't mean i want to, or it's reliable.

My customers can also go to home depot and buy some MDO and paint their own signs.

Why do they by it from me. Because i'm a Professional. With PROFESSIONAL Tools. I'll let that sink in.

Thing is this forum is shared by many vendors and I see someone almost everyday praising the Big Squeegee. You might as well post a story on how to cut your own vinyl and send it to all of our customers. That will get you about as many fans on here.

I applaud you on your efforts, but stop being a cheap bastard and buy a big squeegee.