Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big Squeegee ??

Discussion in 'Tips & Tricks' started by n1c02, Sep 16, 2012.

1. n1c02

n1c02 New Member

Aug 7, 2012
    I am looking into buying the Big Squeegee.. Would like to ask a few questions..

I only do cut vinyl..
    so I would want to use it to mask my cutouts. i assume it works good for that..

what I want to know for example. i did a window with alot of lettering.. would this work instead of taping it off and using the hinge method>

Thanks
    Terry

Tags:
  2. Coloradosigns

Coloradosigns Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    You would still use the hinge method

3. n1c02

n1c02 New Member

Aug 7, 2012
    ok thank you... looking for an easy way to do the mask and thought it might double as that also..

Thanks
    Terry

4. 401Graphics

401Graphics Very Active Member

i have a 50" one. and dont use it for any of its purposes, In my opinion it sucks. I now only use it as a weight (with a 50yr roll of vinyl on it) to hinge graphics on the work table. And I use it mostly as a straight edge.

5. phototec

phototec Very Active Member

May 23, 2008
    Belton
    Paper weight, O-no, waiting for Dale to chime in?

:popcorn:

6. WCSign

WCSign Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Bay Area
    401 graphics disses it every chance he gets

It works great for small stuff, laminating coro, masking etc

Ive said this before and ill say again, I would imagine if you bought one thinking that it could replace a 54 inch laminator, then you will hate it

7. bois323

bois323 Member

Nov 24, 2011
    I have the 24" cut vinyl tool, the 38" and 54" laminators and I love them.

The 24" cut vinyl one is great for masking, I also use it to apply to windows (with the hinge method).

Since I got them they are all I use.

Check out this thread, ask Dale if his special is still on.
    http://signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82193

8. 401Graphics

401Graphics Very Active Member

Only like 80% of the time ;)
    It is useful every day in my shop, for the things I mentioned. I tried to give it another try by using it to apply vinyl onto a sheet of 3 x 4 PVC, FAIL.

It is true that it could not replace a laminator, which is why I purchased it in the first place, because i didnt have a laminator a couple of years ago.

I think that the smaller models are easier to use, from what i have seen in youtube videos.

9. DizzyMarkus

DizzyMarkus Active Member

Jan 23, 2012
    I have the 32" or is it 30" -- whichever -- this yard sign tool and laminator are used daily -- mostly for masking small things -- I couldn't imagine driving a 50" er lol

Markus

10. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    We have the 38" and 54". Love 'em. Applying to coro, short run laminating etc... Even applied prints on a 10' x 10' sign. Have loaned them out to church groups to do their picnic signs. They love it. Of course we can no longer tell them how long it takes to apply prints anymore. Oops,LOL

11. The Big Squeegee

The Big Squeegee Major Contributor

If you have any more questions, you're welcome to give me a call. The Phone number is in my web site along with some videos to see how it works.

12. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    I have a 54" one - works very well - if I had a laminator, I would use that. but i dont. so i use the BS. Does what it's supposed to.