• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Big $$$

SebastienL

Here's a little job we did last month. 7 storey tall 20$ bills to promote the new 20$ bill that's being released in November. High security job! We had an employee from the Bank of Canada here to guard the files as we worked. We couldn't save on our computers. We had to save on the Bank of Canada secured usb key, transfer to the rip and delete everything after it was printed.

Installed at the Bank of Canada head offices in Ottawa. You can see the reflection of the Parliement building in one of the picture.

Attachments

• IMG_0004.jpg
    IMG_0004.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0009.jpg
    IMG_0009.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 65

rfulford

I did a job similar to this for when the US released the new $50 bill. Same basic security. I had to unplug the computers from the network and work off of the USB drive. Interestingly, when I opened the file in PhotoShop, I received an error. The PhotoShop dialog said something like "PhotoShop does not support the editing of bank notes. Please contact Adobe for further assistance". Oddly this was an unreleased bill but Photoshop knew that it was money. Did you run into similar problems?

SebastienL

I did a job similar to this for when the US released the new $50 bill. Same basic security. I had to unplug the computers from the network and work off of the USB drive. Interestingly, when I opened the file in PhotoShop, I received an error. The PhotoShop dialog said something like "PhotoShop does not support the editing of bank notes. Please contact Adobe for further assistance". Oddly this was an unreleased bill but Photoshop knew that it was money. Did you run into similar problems?

The Bank of Canada designer prepared the file. I don't know if he had the error message... if he did, it was resolved by the time he got here. I think he worked off a high resolution scan of a prototype bill and not an actual "print file" they use for printing actual money.