• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Billboard?? I

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I got a request about doing a billboard. It's a 10 foot by 20 foot. Have any of you done Billboards before? What kind of material do you use? Is it 13 Oz Banner?

FatCat

There is an actual billboard material and vendors who specialize doing that. However, we've done several in that size range simply using 13oz banner, as long as you are just stretching it around an already existing face made of plywood, etc. should be fine. We've got one up not far from our shop that has been up over 2 years and still looks fine.

We use 13 oz. material for these applications. Check out Lind Sign Springs or Clipsin banner frames from Admiral. I personally prefer the Clipsin frames, but both systems make changing banners a breeze and they look much nicer than ratchet strap applications. We have a South-facing 30' x 9' Clipsin frame on our building and the 13 oz. banner that's in it is going on 4 years strong. I'm guessing we'll get at least 6 or 7 years out of it before we have to change it out again.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Okay thanks they have an existing banner up there now and I'm going to go check out and see how it is mounted. They told me they only need them to last a few months as they will be changing them regularly.

masterfulp

We use materials that way 5oz 7oz 12oz and 13oz, it just really depends on how long the customer wants to have it hanging

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
This thread was old... but thanks for the I info. I priced it and didn't hear back from them... I think it was out of their budget.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Well, I didn't want to be a sign whore, a bottom feeder, engaging in the race to the bottom, undercutting, underbidding, being below market value so I held my ground, told the customer to take it or leave it, if they want hack work go somewhere else. I also told them I will not use their design because I don't want my name on such horrible stuff... Id rather be on Signs101 then take their job.

Did I do good Johnny?

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
This thread was old... but thanks for the I info. I priced it and didn't hear back from them... I think it was out of their budget.
You lost the bid when you were only charging $2.50/sq ft before you found your way on your pricing?

Do you charge for lunchtime during installs? Even with 5 sauces, you're charging too much.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Give them my salmon sandwich to seal the deal. That should do it for ya.

Always...... always offer a salmon sandwich on a gluten-free bun as part of the deal to close it. However, skip the 5 sauces. That's overkill.