• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Black Adhesive vs Gray Adhesive

rparsons

Is there any advantage / disadvantage of black adhesive vs. gray? I was going to order some vinyl with black adhesive for real estate signs and such. But I've never had any issues with gray and am trying to figure out if I should switch? Are there advantages with black adhesive with other applications?

the graphics co

dark colored adhesive is used for its ability to block-out the color of a substrate, that is why it is common on wrap films as it keeps the color of the car from showing through the print. Whether it is black or grey doesn't make much difference.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Vinyl

Good day,

We carry black adhesive back 54"x150" for $120 + $25 freight charge shipping out of CA. Money back guarantee if you don't like. We can send you some samples prior ordering too. It is our hot items.

Inquiry: sales@premiercolour.com

Francis Kao
Premier Colour
949-209-7306

chester215

Just call me Chester.
We do RE signs and have found the black backing to be better.
Sometime you may need to modify a printed panel with a new name, phone #, etc.
The white vinyl ( or other color ) vinyl with the black backing covers the panel without the old text showing through with one layer of vinyl.
There have been cases with the gray backed vinyl where we have had to use 2 layers of vinyl to cover the old text so it does not show through.