• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Black is leaving streaks

Rat_Fink

Mutoh VJ-1324 always worked flawless till about 3-4 months ago I started noticing these streaks when there is black (see photo).
The direction of these small streaks is toward to maintenance station.
Nozzle check shows a couple bad spots. Anyone have this happen? Any solutions?
Thanks everybody!

Attachments

• mutoh.jpg
    mutoh.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 269

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Usually those marks are either inkcicles building up on the bottom of the head, a partially clogged nozzle or two, or the head and/or dampers are failing. In your case since they are so small I would guess partially clogged nozzle or inkcicle. Basically you just want to clean the bottom of the head and maintenance parts that come in contact with it very well but avoid the nozzles on the head. Then do a head soak and some cleanings to see if you can recover any partially clogged nozzles. Basically what happens is the pressure builds up in the partially clogged nozzle and it slowly sprays ink out until the pressure is back to normal so that spray ends up on your print.

If cleaning and head soaking doesn't fix it, then it could be time for a new head especially if it is over 3 - 5 year old.