• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Black

Artworks

Artworks
I had some issues with my prints on my Roland XC-540. Cleaned the heads thoroughly and printed a test strip. NO Black printed in the test strips. So I ran some strips through versa works and Black seems to be printing OK. Ran another test print to the printer, still no black. It won't print the reg marks for the file I need to later cut either. So I'm dead in the water until I figure this out. Also FYI, the black that I am getting is not a composite black. The test print from VersaWorks prints black as well. Any Suggestions? Roland tech suggested updating firmware, which I'll do, but thats a long shot...

Attachments

• 2012-11-28 13.44.03.jpg
    2012-11-28 13.44.03.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 145
  • 2012-11-28 13.44.25.jpg
    2012-11-28 13.44.25.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 124
The nozzle test (each dash on ink represents one nozzle) is the bottom line. There appear to be a couple of nozzles in the black head that are firing (out of 360), so that is a plus. That tends to make me think that it is a 'plumbing' issue rather than an electronics issue.

I would replace the cap top for the K head, and attempt to draw ink from below, down toward the pump. Good luck...this requires a syringe and can get messy.

Artworks

Artworks
Plenty of draw from the cap. Still no black on the test print and registers. Firmware has been updated as well...Bizarre! Also have reset the machine and unplugged it completely in hopes to reset any glitches. I'm still stumped.

Chances are that when your printing black, it is combing colors to create the black and not using just the black ink. Possibly a bad black head? The crop marks are done with 100% black which is same as the test strips so that makes sense that neither one would print.

Artworks

Artworks
Changing out the dampeners today hoping I can clean everything out without replacing the head just yet. Likely i will need to replace the head too...I'll keep ya'll posted

Artworks

Artworks
Got a new print head installed and black works fine, but out of reg vertically. I have adjusted the BI-DIR to spec and the calibration. Anyone know how to adjust the angles? This is my first head replacement...Roland XC-540