• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Blades for cross cut. JV3 160S

ZacCarter

Where to get them? We have been getting them from advantage sign supply, but they give us the holder and everything. I just need the blades.

Unfortunately something is out of wack with the cutter and it is eatting the blades. And at thirty bucks a pop we can't afford it.

Any ideas on trouble shooting the blade problem would be great too. It seems as if it is hitting the clips that hold down the media? Am I supposed to move these to the sides before making a cross cut?

Any help is appreciated. It is a Mimaki JV-3 160S.

ChicagoGraphics

You shouldn't have to move anything, make sure your cutting strip is not gouged up. I haven't changed the cutting blade yet on my printer, and I have had it over 3 years. Grimco sell just the blads I think.

animenick65

Dont know if they have the blade you are looking for, but check out cleancutblade.com. Great site with great prices and service.

iSign

I haven't changed the cutting blade yet on my printer, and I have had it over 3 years.

ditto...

...and why do you have to settle for basing your theory on what you "think"? Why can't you just watch it cut & find out?

My clips are nowhere near close enough to the cutting strip to even imagine them getting cut.

GB2

Old Member
I'm not positive about this but you can check...I know the cut-off blades on the plotters are the same as the ones on the printer, I think you can buy the blades seperately if you order the plotter model #, if you order the printer blade it only comes as a unit with the holder. Now I never took mine out but just glancing at it in place it doesn't look much different than an Exacto blade. As far as hitting the hold-down clips, if that is what is happening for you then you have something seriously mis-aligned, like Doug said, the cut-off blade rides in the slot in front, no where near the clips. More likely you installed the blade incorrectly and it may be hitting the slot itself or you might have something lodged in the end of the slot.