• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Blank banner sales price discount %?

binki

I have had a couple of orders this year for blank banners. One was hems and grommets, six 4x8's, the other just hems and was 23 of various sizes that ran off about 66 yards of 6' wide material.

So for blank banners, what % off my my normal price would be reasonable here? I did discount them but still not sure I charged enough for them.

Not looking for a price, just a % of what I would sell if it were decorated.

MikePro

blank banners?!? its really simple... half the materials used, half the labor involved, and half the headache:
setup fee + 50%(normalbannerprice)(quantity) + sales tax

MikePro

unless you're printing them, rather than cut vinyl. maybe only 25% discount at that point, since ink is a bit less expensive.

Pat Whatley

We're easy....blank banners hemmed and grommeted are $2.00 psf. My cost on them is 80¢ per square foot so I'm happy with just ordering the blank, getting it in the next day and saying "here you go" to the customer. (of course I get much call for finished blanks anymore....I have sold several hundred yards of unfinished banner material just cut off the roll to people who wanted to do it themselves.)

Last edited:

binki

sorry about leaving this off, they were retail sales, not wholesale.

just to be clear overall though, we ordered the 6 blanks finished from the local sign supply house but the other order we got a 75 yard roll and did it ourselves in a couple of hours.