• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Blank lines in print

WestbankKurt

I am using a JV3-160SP and am getting thin blank/white lines in the print. I have checked media comp and that looks fine, I have done test prints and they are fine, all lines are present and none are crooked or broken. I have noticed that certain profiles lessen the effect but I lose bright colors. It has been suggested that heat might be a factor, what temperature would be appropriate for calendered Arlon vinyl? By the way I am using a Arlon profile.I would appreciate any constructive comments, ideas, or suggestions.
Thank you.

Attachments

• Print.jpg
    Print.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 132

wildside

it looks like media comp issue to me

heat issues usually run opposite the head path direction

calendared vinyl we are running at 35 pre 38 print

MikeD

try a profile with less ink, or use a little more heat? Your media comp looks good but the ink doesn't seem to spread. You could also try adjusting the feed rate while printing to dial it in for this particular print. While printing; hit "function" and in there you will see the media comp adjustments.

MikeD

you may also want to check and see if the profile Arlon supplied is indeed for that exact media. Gloss versus Matte

mkubiniok

I had the same problem with my Mimaki CJV30. In my case ist was the take up unit. When i fixed the printout on a roll on that unit i got the same white lines. I had to lower the power of the motor of the take up unit. After that my white lines were gone.

Masseria

Dont know if jv3 works same as Jv33, but maybe..
it looks like banding for me. if this would happen to me i solve it like this:
Without using the take up device:
Press Function while printing(to adjust banding while printing), and adjust until lines dissapear, if still there, maybe clogged nozzle, if not clogged nozzle, maybe is media problems. so i cant help you there.

4R Graphics

It looks like a media comp problem unless you are missing nozzles on your test print.

If you are not missing nozzles then its media comp use a scope to get it dead on.

mkubiniok

Enclosed you will find a pic of my motor....if you are in front of the machine, you can see it and you must screw it out, you can see there yellow lines which are an indicator...by default Mimaki sets the power on the highest value, useful for heavy banner material.
But I often print vinyls and I have found out that is the best to lower the power.

Attachments

• mimaki.jpg
    mimaki.jpg
    231.1 KB · Views: 111

bloobird0

thanks, I didn't know I could do that on the CJV30, I will try this as I also mostly print vinyl and always found the tension too high.