• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Blast From The Past.. Us Cutter Pcut Ct635 Connection Question.

waximoff

I recently found this PCUT CT635 at a garage sale. Don't know much about it but for 20 bucks, It seemed like a fun little project cutter to get running.
It came with a serial cable and no power cable but I had some extra power cables at home. I powered it up and I could get test cuts and everything just through the control panel.. here's where the hiccup came. my laptop doesn't have a serial cable so I went and bought a serial to usb converter.. That's about as far as I got trying to get my Flexi 8.6 to recognize it. does anyone have any ideas on how to get this connected to Flexi?

And yes, I have been searching all through this forum as well as others, no luck.

Thanks!

waximoff

Thanks Bubba, I have a desktop but the OS is windows 10, so I can't run my flexi 8.6 on that.

AIBeauvais, Yes, I found a page of drivers from the support page of the manufacturer, flexi still wont recognize the cutter though.

timgo

Graphics Designer
I recently found this PCUT CT635 at a garage sale. Don't know much about it but for 20 bucks, It seemed like a fun little project cutter to get running.
It came with a serial cable and no power cable but I had some extra power cables at home. I powered it up and I could get test cuts and everything just through the control panel.. here's where the hiccup came. my laptop doesn't have a serial cable so I went and bought a serial to usb converter.. That's about as far as I got trying to get my Flexi 8.6 to recognize it. does anyone have any ideas on how to get this connected to Flexi?

And yes, I have been searching all through this forum as well as others, no luck.

Thanks!
Hi,
I can help you with your cutter..
Please contact me at: timgo2010@hotmail.com

Tim