• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Blocked.............

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
I've been coming here for what seems like a life time.

This place has had it's ups and downs,

One thing I could never understand is when someone would block someone else, I figured just don't read them if you you can't stand them

Well, I kinda jokingly blocked gino about 4 months ago and forgot about it. Lately I have been enjoying this site more like it was 10 years ago.

I just assumed gino was on a break or something happened to him until the other day when someone mentioned him responding to a thread. I then remembered what I had done and laughed. It has been refreshing and I now am gino free.

It's a better world, take the plunge!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ahh, no sense writing anything, I'm blocked, so he'll never see it.

Seems a bit odd. Someone says they don't believe in somethng, but for sh!ts and giggles, they do it anyway. Real self control, I guess.

I'm glad for darla, that he's now become Gino-Free so to speak. He doesn't need my nonsense on top of the problems he already has. Not to mention, he doesn't remember doing things. Must go with the territory.

Good-bye ole friend................​

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
If you're really so sensitive that you have to A) block someone on a public forum and b) brag about how good your life is while simultaneously bashing them on the same forum.... you probably shouldn't be on the internet.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I know as a merchant member I am treading dangerous waters but, in general Signs101 has become much more negative and hostile in the last couple years and I wouldn't pin it on one specific user. People ask for design critiques and get personal attacks instead. People ask questions in the newbie section and get speeches about how they don't belong in the industry if they have to ask that question Etc etc. With the new owner, many more people are able to join and I actually think it has turned out better than I expected. There is much more content and discussion than before.That means a lot of newbies are coming in and asking questions that have already been asked 1 million times but that's not their fault. It's essentially a battle between the new generation and old generation of sign makers and some of the old timers can be major grumps while some of the newer guys can be arrogant. Can't we all just get along?

ams

I know as a merchant member I am treading dangerous waters but, in general Signs101 has become much more negative and hostile in the last couple years and I wouldn't pin it on one specific user. People ask for design critiques and get personal attacks instead. People ask questions in the newbie section and get speeches about how they don't belong in the industry if they have to ask that question Etc etc. With the new owner, many more people are able to join and I actually think it has turned out better than I expected. There is much more content and discussion than before.That means a lot of newbies are coming in and asking questions that have already been asked 1 million times but that's not their fault. It's essentially a battle between the new generation and old generation of sign makers and some of the old timers can be major grumps while some of the newer guys can be arrogant. Can't we all just get along?

This is because there is no forum rules that exist about harassment. Also the owner/moderators don't enforce any anti-bullying. I know I quit the forum for years when I first joined, but have just been ignoring it now and laughing with them. It's a real turn off to newbies and people who need the experience the most, receive the most crap. I suggest having a few veteran, well respected members become moderators and help stop it.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au

Couldn't agree more.

There was a time i was a newbie, people helped where they could, not necessarily on this forum but others (I found this forum later on). It was actually quite difficult to find a printing forum with vast knowledge. I was pulling my hair out with a profiling issue i kept getting.

But yes, it seems people jump down peoples throats for trying to start a new business or new to something or stuck with something.

Some people should search before posting, there is even a search function while typing your heading i think some people miss quite a lot.

I do owe it to this forum, have made a couple of friends.

Im always willing to help.

Johnny Best

Never blocked anyone on here, just out of curiosity, I now know that ddarlak and ams block Gino. Who else have people blocked? Or how many have blocked me!
If I blocked people for arrogance or pontification, I would end up with a blank forum.

ams

Never blocked anyone on here, just out of curiosity, I now know that ddarlak and ams block Gino. Who else have people blocked? Or how many have blocked me!
If I blocked people for arrogance or pontification, I would end up with a blank forum.

Gino is my one and only, it's so nice. If he was to play nicer and stop following me around the forum targeting me, I would unblock him, but we all know that won't happen.

skyhigh

If you're really so sensitive that you have to A) block someone on a public forum and b) brag about how good your life is while simultaneously bashing them on the same forum.... you probably shouldn't be on the internet.

The ironic part of this story......
They are father and son.

Emd2kick

Gino, feel free to live through me until I’m blocked too. For those of you who blocked him:

Ahh, no sense writing anything, I'mblocked, so he'll never see it.

Seems a bit odd. Someone says they don't believe in somethng, but for sh!ts andgiggles, they do it anyway. Real self control, I guess.

I'm glad for darla, that he's now become Gino-Free so to speak. He doesn't need my nonsense on top of the problems he already has. Not to mention, he doesn't remember doing things. Must go with the territory.

Good-bye ole friend................

equippaint

Just because Gino doesn't back down from his views doesn't make his points any worse then yours. Just because your side has more people on it doesn't make you right.
So true. You learn a lot more from people that disagree with you than you do with those that agree. Dealing with uncouth responses has been something that I have considered a price paid for opinions from experienced tradesman. Take it with a grain of salt and get over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.