• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rant Bloody Backing paper!

MP Custom

Is it just me? I am in Australia, and yes.. It gets warm.. I also sweat in the heat.. Funny that.
I did an install with Grafitec Vinyl.. Full 1220mm x 2400mm sheets. But while removing the backing paper, I dropped a drop of sweat on it.. So... From that point on, The paper tore and was soaked to the vinyl. Leaving me with 10 minutes of soaking and carefully scraping paper fragments off the vinyl. It was going on the inside of a window. Why do they make the backing so susceptible to moisture? It sometimes happens with laminating too.. I get so frustrated ,

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Some cast vinyl and laminates will have a polypropylene liner, but expect to pay $$.
Clay coated paper backing is fine most of the time, but I hear you... I was re-arranging suspended ceiling tiles for a skylight today and I think it was 40C+ in the roof. Came down and there wasn't a dry piece of skin anywhere. Disgusting heat and humidity, but getting to be the norm recently.