• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help blowing leaf effect

bigben

I'm looking to create a similar effect in the picture below but with another thing than leaf. All need to be vector. Is there an easy way to create something similar? I was first looking to make a ''tube'' effect with parts like leafs. I'm sure there is a simple way to create this, but I have a mind block and can't figure it out.

thanks

Attachments

• stock-vector-abstract-autumn-background-116745946.jpg
    stock-vector-abstract-autumn-background-116745946.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 302

Dan360

Easiest way I know of would be to make whatever shape you are using into a brush in photoshop with size + angle jitter and scattering turned on. Sort of paint it in at very high res and then bring into illustrator and auto trace.

The illustrator brush is also capable of scatter but I've never really tried it out.

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Yes as mentioned above use the scatter brush. There are numerous video tutorials if you do a google search. You only need to trace one leaf but for some variety you could manipulate one or more so you have what appears to be more random leaves.

Grafix

Create 2 or 3 leaf shapes in Illustrator first, then save it as a symbol, then use the Symbol Spray tool and create the effect you are after.

Pippin Decals

Or............

maybe you could just get a couple three vector leaves and just place them in exactly the way you need them -- probably take less time -- then weld them...

How do you price cut vinyl? I know a lot of companies charge by the height and the amount of letters while others price based on sq ft. What are the pros and cons of each one and do you charge for waste?

Thanks!

Exactly how i would do it. Just use a vector image etc and just copy and start pasting to get the look you want , Done..